When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first vintage 5513 attempt

Guest al12

Hi guys,

I am noob when it comes to Rolex reps. This is my first attempt to mod a 5513. What do you think?

The list of mods:

Kent Parks relume

Clark T19 installed

Installed a tritium pearl to match a dial

Insert vintagised

Remove the hack from ETA 2836 movement

Installed gen crown and tube

img5309l.jpg

img5307n.jpg

Nice job!

It's pretty cool that the Trusty sub would take a T-19.

I guess you trimmed the cg's, also.

The only other thing I would do is drill the lugholes w/ the #55 cobalt drill bit from Snap-on and put in some 2mm Rolex (or aftermarket) springbars.

Nice job!

The only other thing I would do is drill the lugholes w/ the #55 cobalt drill bit from Snap-on and put in some 2mm Rolex (or aftermarket) springbars.

Well, it was not an easy job to install a T 19 in a Trusty Rolex. The drilling of the lugs maywill be a bit hard for me, but maybe I will ask my watchsmith if he can do it. Yes, I trimmed a CG too.

Nice job!

I also fitted a superdome on a trusty drsd, no problem.

this one had separate crystal/bezel retention but I had to clue it down (after losing the retention ring )

Hmmm, looks kinda old. ;) It's really a shame you can't afford a new watch, I'd be happy to step up and swap you for one that doesn't look quite so worn out! :rofl:

Seriously, nice job and tastefully done. These "gentle aging", not tossed out in the driveway and ran over for a couple days, examples are pushing me closer to making some of my "vintage" watches look a bit "longer in the tooth".

Noooo, the crystal needs some abuse :D The insert wouldn't wind up looking like that naturally without the crystal taking a few hits as well ;):thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unless the watch was just serviced. :whistling:

I do know what you mean though. But there are plenty of examples on those other (gen) sites of well-worn vintage pieces with pristine xtals. I guess it is up to the look you are after. For the most part, I tend to side with the worn insert/clean crystal crowd & I do not think it works against me

Image1-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

(these bezels/inserts/pearls are gen, as are the xtals (except for the 1665, which is Clarks))