When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you could request one thing from Dealers ?

lanikai

If you had a request to correct one issue with ALL dealers ... what would that be ??

keeping in mind, that this thread is intended to be constructive, and "realistic".. and not aimed at any one dealer nor group of dealers..

Perhaps some of our trusted dealers will view this thread.. and some of the comments.. ya never know..aside from rotors falling off and the normal QC issues.. what can we "help" with as far as comments ??

AC/Lani

My biggest request would be serviced movements and better lume but that i think is a factory issue not dealers, i cant say i have any request for all the dealers..

I would agree with Dani on this...

And although it is indeed a factory issue, I'm sure that the major dealers have a fair amount of influence with them ;-)

General QC, I mean if they want more business they need to look after their customers, and make sure that what they are providing is value for money and everything is as it should be, everything works correctly etc. IMHO they should all have a pressure tester and test the supposedly water proofed watches themselves before sending them! Obviously QC is to their advantage because they will end up with a [censored] off customer, and have to sort the problem out.

Anyway there are some good dealers out there who obviously understand that looking after customers will get them repeat business. Personally I can only vouch for 1 "dealer" which is Josh, he's been top notch with me with my previous purchases, and I will be ordering from him again in the future. My other reps are from other forum members so far.

Well the other dealer non watch dealer though is KB he's a top bloke too, got a few things off him so far and just getting some more at the moment. Had a slight issue with 1 item, but it wasn't his fault as it was shipped directly from the supplier so I got it quicker (what with the CNY n all). He's sorted that out now without a problem.

I am going to go out there a bit and say, better 'country' specific shipping options.

It would be nice, if there were North America/CONUS, EU, etc, "ship from" centers. Maybe middle men. Probably a logistical nightmare, given drop shipping etc. Just wishful thinking.

As Dani said, serviced movements (as an optional extra at least) and better lume are the things I want the most. I also agree with Ronin that logistics centres would be nice, although I'm sure it won't happen. Not so much because of the shipping out, as for when a watch has to be returned. I've yet to experience any problems requiring the return of a watch, but if I did I would be seriously hesitant in shipping it back to China, both because of the time it takes and the chance of it disappearing down a black hole.

i think all see a trend here for what is asked, reliability of a movement..It should not cost to much, because just some simple steps can add a lot for this China clone movements..

Spare parts are also i big request from me and that dealers can give easy access to it, that way its more easy to fix a broken movement by yourself.

+1 Dani. The only thing I could add, let's say in the case of the up and coming 42mm PO, can they get it right? [censored] if they do they'll sell in their thousands over all the boards, let alone out in the wild. At some point even the dealers must see that if we're willing to have watches shipped over the globe to be "right" then we'll pay a premium if they can do it for us. Verifiably so I may add.

Two biggest flaws on reps are badly applied lume and sloppily fitting SELs (imho).

Even some WM9 products have crappy SELs. Why is it so difficult to make them fit properly? :bangin:

Dealers... I only use Precious Time (UK) because I'm European and I can only praise his service and communication. I also have great experiences of Joshua who has always been helpful and friendly to me.

Maybe one thing... dealers who QC the watch and photograph the actual watch that you're going to receive are great. PT does that for me every time.

My reps hand delivered by exchange students. And a packed in frozen dumplings. Oh yeah, and working.

Well that sounds reasonable. Actually now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't mind my reps being delivered by young blonde naked women.

How about better inventory control? Like if you don't have the freakin' watch in stock, either remove it from your site or have an entry that says "Out of stock." I get tired of asking if the watch is available...just tell me upfront whether or not it is ...

Beanyboy

QC for sure.

In particular have the watches pressure tested. There is no bigger tell then having to take off a sports watch to aviod it getting wet. This test would not cost much, but avoid considerable additional costs afterwards.

Also (although this may be an issue for makers rather than dealers) get proper straps. Rep straps suck. And it should not be nessecary to pay more for the strap than for the watchhead.