When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just between friends

ubiquitous

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I already have a cavity from the "sweetness" Ubi created......

It's a fine piece indeed, but as the saying in the UK goes, "in for a penny, in for a pound...", so that insert really would top it all off nicely :) It looks awesome, congratulations indeed, and wear it well :drinks:

:1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a::1a:

That's incredible! But no doubt it would be a great project since Ubi is leading it!

It's clear that there is an extreme generosity going on this forum, only some great peoples here!!

And this is why (I think like many others members) RWG is my second HOME!!!

Good job to all people that have worked on & kept the secret!

This piece is a great example of what great people & human generosity can do!

JustAsGood Rock this baby & enjoy it! :good:

Best regards.

PS

I am a newer member on the forum, and I have enjoyed every minute on here since. I have been truly amazed by the amount of generosity that I have seen displayed by so many people and specifically the "old school" most knowledgeable members (you know who you are) :D These guys don't have to help anyone out, offer advice, etc. and yet all my personal experiences that I have sought advice, etc. have been more than pleasurable. From a "newbie" I thank you guys.

To Kurt, the act of generosity that you extended to me, is something that you didn't have to do and you extended without request. That is something that isn't just generosity, it is the sign of great character. The touching act that Ubi has just extended to you I know has many other forum members here you have helped, like me, that silently applaud as they read Ubi's post. Once again you deserve it man!

Cheers!

Thanks Friend.

Very nice to hear and to help.

Wow! Just plain WOW!!!! That's turned out beautifully! Some crafty folks here on the forum!!!

K.....is that the case that I sent you, or a different one? Turned out quite nicely!!!

Yep, big holes and missing bezel ring.

The man is awesome.

Can't wait to get it and beat the snot out of it......

Just checking back in... Wow! I posted this just a little while ago and we're already at 33 replies?! :o

Figured I'd add some vital stats:

-MBW case, salvaged from the dead :)

-jmb crystal ring

-jmb fixed lug bars

-ETA 2783

-NDT 5517 dial

-Omega vintage SM300 rep hands

-Genuine insert

-MBW bezel ring

-Genuine T-19

-Unknown 702 crown (gen? it was in the parts assortment sent to me by justasgood; if the man wants, I can swap to the 703 instead)...

-Maratac G10 strap in military grey

You know, these projects have always been about the path to get there for me, but in this particular instance it's more about the watch leaving my hands and arriving at it's new destination that means the most to me. I've put a lot of my time and effort into this one, and I hope it shows; I wanted to do the best that I could for Kurt, and I couldn't have done it without the great help of my friends jmb and jeff g. They have played a very significant role in this endeavor, and this piece wouldn't what it is without them.

I would love to see Kurt take this to the next level with a gen movement and MilSword hands for a 1520; I can't wait to see it once fitted with the 60 tick insert! This has been a fun (if not trying at times) project for me and I am honored that Kurt would entrust me to help him with it.

I didn't have much time to snap new pics tonight; the sun was going down when my camera finished charging and so I only have a few to share...

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing a few pics of Kurt's in a few days as well ;)

Cheers and all the best...

//ubi

Wow, I am completely taken aback...

I realized the first time i saw my Dad's best friend mint still in box Tudor Monte Carlo about 20+ yrs ago, that my downward/upward spiral into this hobby/obsession was inevitable...

When the bug hit again about 7-8 yrs ago, I treaded water on a couple of seemingly friendly and informative forums where the community spirit was immediately evident, and the members were very happy to share their passion with an eager young Newbie.....

When my interests began to evolve towards vintage rolex subs, because of the budgetary constraints, I started to (somewhat reluctantly) explore the options available in the rep forums, and in particular RWG, in search of more "sensible" submariner purchase options.

Immediately i was overwhelmed by the amount of info i was exposed to, the tutorials, the reviews, the attention to all details in a way i had never expected or experienced before...

At first I recoiled, being somewhat fearful of "replicas and those that dealt in them, and intimidated by the fact i know nothing about nothing when it came to what was what in the world of reps and rolex in particular. RWG was just to much for me at the time...

But I recently came back, a little wiser, a little more prepared to learn, and i'm sooo glad i did( and am so disappointed that i didn't stick longer the first time)

RWG is by far the most amazing community of people i have ever had the pleasure to experience with as long as i have been buying and collecting watches.... There is no pretense, no necessity to get the edge over the next guy, because everyone knows we're having fun with what were doing here...pure and simple!

I've had the pleasure of dealing with the nicest, classiest, most generous and helpful people... and all it has done was make me want to be classy generous and helpful right back to everyone i deal with aswell.

Ubi and Justasgood, and everyone else here, I can't thank all of you enough for letting me be part of it all...

I may not post often, but i am here every day, (more in fact than any of the original forums i used to frequent) enjoying the positive community spirit that flows through these forums....it's stories and Kindness and camaraderie like Ubi's and JMB's that make me smile a little more when i do spend my time here.

Thanks so much for allowing us to experience this wonderful project...

All the best to you all!!!

Regards

Eddog!

That is a beautiful testament to the generosity and camaraderie that exists on this forum. Ubi,jmb what a great expression of your skills. This thread actually leaves me with tears in my eyes. I am constantly amazed by the unselfish , giving attitudes exibited by our fellow forum members.

justasgood wear this one in good health my friend, I'm sure this watch will have a permanent spot in your collection forever.

All that is left to said is JAG you've been Ubi'd.. which is quite a plain statement for such a act of kindness and generosity..

My thought's have been with you all throughout this project.. and I could not think of a more deserving member and such a pillar of the community as Ubi to take on a project of pure love for a fellow RWG'r..

These types of acts by the gracious members here just add to the testament that RWG is really more than just watches.

I'm also anxious to see what the next level will be for this piece. It was fun working on it and doing new things and since JAG had so much grief with the postal service (trying to get parts to me to mod) I'm happy to have been a small cog in this large community wheel!

I awakened this morning in a somewhat drowzy state, and the first thing I did was look at Kurt's watch just to make sure that yesterday's events were not just a dream. I say this as completing this project, especially in retrospect to what the past few months have involved, has just felt so surreal (especially after a good night's sleep) :) There it was looking back at me, ticking away happily and keeping great time.

I think it's ready to move on to the next chapter...

:)