When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few words on how awesome this place is

TeeJay

What can I say... Times are hard and no signs of getting any better. This isn't a begging post, as things are in hand, and although the wolves are at the door, there's enough on the step to keep them outside. A few days ago, my platinum status expired, and I didn't have the spare cash to renew it immediately. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how long it might have been till I had the spare cash, given other financial commitments. I was therefore very surprized, and genuinely touched, to come online today to see that my status has been restored, so a big thankyou to whoever made that possible or pushed the button :drinks: As soon as I can spare the upgrade fee, I will gladly donate it, perhaps it could be used to gift someone else an upgrade to platinum :) To say that this is an awesome community doesn't even begin to cover it. The friendships and gifts of generousity I've both seen towards others and received myself while here are more than I can repay, but things I will be grateful for well into the next life :) The last watch I bought is still on order, a pepsi GMT as a late birthday present for one of my best friends as an upgrade from his AP which is starting to get a bit twitchy, and a forum project is still underway. The GMT is only going to receive a little gentle aging. My friend isn't really into vintage, but neither is he the kind to wear a brand new Rolley, so a little 'camoflage' should save him embarassing questions. The forum project will be completed in due time. What can I say... Times are hard, but life is good, may peace be upon you all :drinks:

Teejay - I hope your renewal was in fact the result of some kind-hearted Moderator (& I hope things improve for you soon), but I think the system defaults to auto-renewal, which means it may simply have automatically charged your paypal when your membership expired. :whistling:

Thanks for the good wishes :) I think this would have been the result of a kind-hearted moderator rather than auto-renewal, as I spent quite a while as 'member' rather than it being a swift return to Platinum :)

Times are hard, but life is good, may peace be upon you all :drinks:

TeeJay, truer words have never been spoken. It's in adversity that we find what really matters in life. I'm sorry for your hardship, but I envy the clarity you have right now to see what matters.

:drinks:

TeeJay, truer words have never been spoken. It's in adversity that we find what really matters in life. I'm sorry for your hardship, but I envy the clarity you have right now to see what matters.

:drinks:

You're absolutely right there, it certainly teaches what is important in life :):drinks: As above, times are hard, but not desperate, I have enough to keep the roof over my head and food on my table, just, not really much to do anything else with :black_eye::whistling: Knowing that things can still improve is a source of comfort :)

TJ was requested to be upgraded by the mod team because of his continuing contributions and support of the community...

Twas not an auto renewal...

Double T

I know we've not always seen eye to eye on things, so it's very much appreciated :):good::drinks:

A very nice gesture for a very deserving guy! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good job guys. Love to see stuff like this! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

big round of applause for the entire mod/admin team -- such a great gesture :clapping:

deltatahoe

Many thanks, amigos :drinks:

Hey TJ!

Sorry to hear your hardships.....hopefully things will improve soon!

And Kudos to the Admin team for renewing/ugrading your membership! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We all know that this place rocks :band1: That's why we call it our 2nd home!

Goodluck Amigo!

F-

TJ always outs his own persoanal time aside to contribute to this community whenever the need arises

and does so unconditionally.

RWG in my minds eye is about support weather it be reps or lifes challenges

I can think of many members deserving of the gratitude of the Admin Team' and TJ is right on top of the list...

In the spirit of this community and the base for support .. This is another example of the love and fellowship that exemplifies RWG

we come looking for watches and find so much more!!!

Platinum membership does not IMO make anyone better than... But is a symbol of the support that we embrace as does supporter memberships

the positive.... "I want to be involved positively" attitude that has kept RWG above the standings of knowledge and good will.

Comgrats my freind ... Well deserved!!!!!!!!

A/C

L

Hey TJ!

Sorry to hear your hardships.....hopefully things will improve soon!

And Kudos to the Admin team for renewing/ugrading your membership! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We all know that this place rocks :band1: That's why we call it our 2nd home!

Goodluck Amigo!

F-

You and me both, amigo, and thanks :good::drinks: It's not like I'm totally in the poor-house, I have enough coming in to meet my commitments, just nil disposable income, which can be a real bind at times... Not so much a case of not having cash for watches (I don't think I'll ever has as many watches as I did before, as there were just too many which never saw wrist time) but not having the cash to go out with friends once in a while, or backup incase one of the guineas has to go to the vets for some reason, the little things really. Frustrating, but not truly life-threatening. If I could shift some of my canvasses, or get a decent commission in, I'd be laughing :) I don't think I've ever come across a community before where the members are so willing to help others, and to help others in areas not even really related to the 'shared interest', this really is a band of brothers :victory:

TJ always outs his own persoanal time aside to contribute to this community whenever the need arises

and does so unconditionally.

RWG in my minds eye is about support weather it be reps or lifes challenges

I can think of many members deserving of the gratitude of the Admin Team' and TJ is right on top of the list...

In the spirit of this community and the base for support .. This is another example of the love and fellowship that exemplifies RWG

we come looking for watches and find so much more!!!

Platinum membership does not IMO make anyone better than... But is a symbol of the support that we embrace as does supporter memberships

the positive.... "I want to be involved positively" attitude that has kept RWG above the standings of knowledge and good will.

Comgrats my freind ... Well deserved!!!!!!!!

A/C

L

Many thanks, bro :) I guess I all I can say, is that I do what I can, and try and help out where possible :) The MilSub project is still very much on the cards, just temporarily on the back burner while I pay off some bills, but it will get done, and I think, at least, I certainly hope, people will be interested in the finished piece :)

Your a true PLATINUM individual TJ :thumbsupsmileyanim: one of the very best on RWG

Hope better times will be there for you soon

A Wish for happier timekeeping

Gunnar Gran :drinks:

Make that plus (+)2.

The membership on this forum is second to NONE.

I too, hope that things get better FAST.

In the meantime at least you have this place to call HOME.

All the best.

This place really is home, and a great family I have here :) As long as things don't get worse, I can keep treading water, it would just be nice to get some more commissions in :)

Your a true PLATINUM individual TJ :thumbsupsmileyanim: one of the very best on RWG

Hope better times will be there for you soon

A Wish for happier timekeeping

Gunnar Gran :drinks:

That's good of you to say, thanks :good::drinks: Things will pick up when the time is right, and there's more to life than money :) I have great friends and family, so anything else is just bonus :good:

If truth be told it was a small gesture by the team, we just figured that TJ has given enough to the board to warrant his upgrade.

We also know he will continue to give so it's really a case of looking after our own.

Ken

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: look forward ma man :victory:

all the best T

Always, brother, it's the only way to look :good:

If truth be told it was a small gesture by the team, we just figured that TJ has given enough to the board to warrant his upgrade.

We also know he will continue to give so it's really a case of looking after our own.

Ken

It really is very much appreciated, my friend, thank you :):drinks:

If there's anybody that embodies the spirit of this Community it would be you TJ. Here's hoping things pick up.

Many thanks, amigo :good: I updated my portfolio recently, but no biters so far, other than some designs I drew for a friend as an early birthday present (and potential 'advertising' ) Just a case of living within my means, and taking it a day at a time :)

Could not happen to a nicer guy :thumbsupsmileyanim: I wish you well Tee Jay, you have a great attitude and thats what will get you and yours through the tough times. Also a big :thumbs: up to the mod squad :drinks: Mike

Thanks indeed, and as you say, big :thumbs: up to the mod squad :drinks::)