When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7031

ubiquitous

Just rec'd this guy last week... Since I had dismantled my 9411 Snowflake, I figured it was a good opportunity to displace one Tudor with another :)

I've got a hollow Oysterlink for this one, but I actually find that I prefer it on the G10 forwhatever odd reason. I have also found the squared lugs and the thick, chunky case to be especially pleasing as well. The overall aesthetic of the watch may be a bit dated, but in my opinion, it's 70's style of inspiration have held up fairly well considering that Tudor is releasing a modern rendition of the 7031.

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

I have a few things that I would like to change/modify/upgrade in the coming months; bezel, pushers, crystal, hands and I'm also working on commissioning a custom dial as well.

All in due time, I suppose... Certainly, for now a very pleasurable piece to wear and enjoy as-is ;)

Thanks for looking!

//ubi

That looks incredible Ubi. :wub: I'm not a vintage expert... but if I didn't know about your building abilities I'd say it's gen without hesitation.

Is there a work in process thread somewhere... I think I have missed it?

Congrats again Ubi! I'm so jealous with the more accurate dial that is available now....

So could this custom dial your taling about be black background (reverse)??? ;) Tell us more!

tudorMCfrontbright.jpg

I see one tutor with a cyclops and one without. Did the gens come both ways? Also, you guys have efferent color dials.

Thanks gang. Not much to share on this one; it's an ND build, v7734 and so on. Fantastic watch that wears quite nicely; the thick, big block style case is what really does it for me on this one. I'm finding myself getting lost in the day whilst admiring the lugs and CGs! :)

The dial as fitted is a nice little upgrade; a bit different from Yuki's, as there are subtle differences that I prefer on mine (most notably the fonts, the date window and the shape of the subdial register blocks); this one has the hour markers placed closer to the chapter now as well.

Indeed, the crystal on this is incorrect; it's a domed, no date crystal of some sort. Almost has a T39 type profile to it, but it's pretty big in terms of diameter; way too large to be a T39.

Definitely a keeper for me. Ronin- I'll bring this one to our next meet so you can see it up close.

Cheers!

//ubi

Fantastic! The 7032 is a rep I've long wanted to have, but the concentric black circles of the 7031 are very appealing visually. Save for a gen Heritage or get two reps? Hmm!

Finding a Cyclope 128 might be a headache or a shock to the wallet. The only ones I've found are going for nearly $400!

Fantastic! The 7032 is a rep I've long wanted to have, but the concentric black circles of the 7031 are very appealing visually. Save for a gen Heritage or get two reps? Hmm!

Finding a Cyclope 128 might be a headache or a shock to the wallet. The only ones I've found are going for nearly $400!

I pondered the idea of going with a gen heritage, but the lack of Tudor dealers in the U.S. made up my mind for me :(

I see one tutor with a cyclops and one without. Did the gens come both ways? Also, you guys have efferent color dials.

Hi B,

This is a pix of a gen (a rare dial option of the 7032 supposedly made for the Asian market only), I was speculating is that the custom dial that Ubi might be having made??? That's all...

The Monte Carlo originally came with a cyclops on the crystal but you see MC examples without the cyclops from time to time.