When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blast from the past

RobbieG

Hey Robbie, I know I've not really spoken to you as I'm still a bit of a n00b, but it's good to hear you're on the mend :)

It's the old skool folks like you who add a certain depth to the place!

With regards to new stuff, I'm not sure what was around when you took time out! Concepta is doing some great IWC 3714 frankens with gen movements and dials, there's been a beautiful DJ II with black MOP dial posted, there's been a lot of love for the Breitling SOH v2 that appears to be ceasing production, we're up to the v5 or Ultimate version of the DSSD, there's been some lovely Milgauss from what I think is a new factory (?), and the Sinn reps that are out are stunning!

Forthcoming we have the Sinn U-Black and the WM9/BK SD imminently :)

Well, that's my shopping list covered... ;) lol :lol: I'm not sure what others will suggest!

There certainly are some great reps out at the moment :tu:

That is a classic collection ... all those watches represent what is great about this hobby ... classic styled watches at an affordable price ... I hope you can stick around for a long time. Cheers and two thumbs up for that collection you have .. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It is GREAT to see you back posting Robbie. There were quite a few times I wondered about your health issues. Hope that they are resolving themselves. Health is the most important part of the equation. Many of us missed your fantastic collection and wrist shots. Keep on keepin on.

Look forward to your upcoming posts.

Nice to see you posting again Robbie, you were not posting as much when I arrived here about a year and a half ago. Im happy that you are feeling better and thanks for those great wristies. :thumbsupsmileyanim: hope we see you more often, now that your health has Improved, good luck :good: Mike

Glad to hear your health is better. Being sick is the worst and we never really appreciate life at is fullest when something is ailing you. Take care of yourself.

I was starting to worry about my TimeTwin, so fantastic to have you back, bro :drinks: Funny thing is I was actually talking about you yesterday, and your dream of minimalist 'hotel living', which was a very well received theory by the people I was talking to :) I hope all is good with you :drinks:

Thanks TJ. I have been doing quite a bit of that lately actually and doing more and more. Been in Vegas a lot. I had a unit at City Center and by the grace of God I was able to unload it before it CO'd at breakeven. Now they can't give them away and the deals are unreal everywhere on the Strip. Stuff you never saw before. Monthly rates on upper tier suites that you wouldn't believe. I can practically live there for less than at home. You just have to call and ask. You can lease a suite at Vdara for a little over a couple grand a month. I gamble for a living so ironically Vegas is a great retreat for me with zero interest in gaming. We just like to eat and hang out and work out and go to the spa so it is tough to beat. The watch shopping ain't bad either. We have been starting to go to LA a bit too. I used to hate it but I'm starting to rediscover it and enjoying it. We will spend a few weeks at the W in Westwood Village or various spots in Santa Monica lately. After being so sick I really just want to simplify and enjoy a little more. I can do that while away a lot easier so in the coming months/years I am going to try to spend more and more time living out of the suitcase. It is very liberating.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome back. Much appreciated. Nice to have such good friends here.

Thanks TJ. I have been doing quite a bit of that lately actually and doing more and more. Been in Vegas a lot. I had a unit at City Center and by the grace of God I was able to unload it before it CO'd at breakeven. Now they can't give them away and the deals are unreal everywhere on the Strip. Stuff you never saw before. Monthly rates on upper tier suites that you wouldn't believe. I can practically live there for less than at home. You just have to call and ask. You can lease a suite at Vdara for a little over a couple grand a month. I gamble for a living so ironically Vegas is a great retreat for me with zero interest in gaming. We just like to eat and hang out and work out and go to the spa so it is tough to beat. The watch shopping ain't bad either. We have been starting to go to LA a bit too. I used to hate it but I'm starting to rediscover it and enjoying it. We will spend a few weeks at the W in Westwood Village or various spots in Santa Monica lately. After being so sick I really just want to simplify and enjoy a little more. I can do that while away a lot easier so in the coming months/years I am going to try to spend more and more time living out of the suitcase. It is very liberating.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome back. Much appreciated. Nice to have such good friends here.

If you can do it for less than it would cost to keep a regular residence, I say go for it :) At the moment, it's still cheaper for us to be at home, but if the opportunity ever arose, I certainly wouldn't mind giving hotel living a try :) Glad to hear you've been taking it easy and enjoying what life has to offer :good::drinks:

Hey Robbie, great to have you back mate.

I ended up purchasing one of these, thanks to your awesome pics. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

frames_small.jpg

Thanks man. Yeah, that is a great piece. Kinda regretting selling mine, but then you know how picking the all-star team goes. You can only wear so many...