When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers - UPDATE - MY TWINS ARE HOME !

triplehd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our daughter was born (c-section) 3 months premature and weighed just 830 grams (less than 2 pounds)! She spent 3 months at the children's clinic before being released. Today she is perfectly healthy and doing great in all aspects.

Modern medicine has advanced a great deal! Have trust in your doctor and medical team and keep your faith.

If you have any questions send me a pm.

Take care, Leon

Edited by leon32

Wow...this puts life in perspective...

Trip - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Glad you look upon RWG as good friends and an extended family...

Sooooo happy that the twins had a great 1st day!

All the best to all!

Rob

You know I'm still praying for you all Trip, I hope you, your wife, the new twins and especially your young son, who must be so confussed right now!!

I know all about putting life into perspective, more so than most, but there is nothing that will put it into REAL perspective than something like this!!

We are all with you and your family bud!!

Sixx :bones:

• 2 months later...

MY TWINS ARE FINALLY HOME !!!!!

My twins are finally home after a longer than expected stay in the NICU. Anthony was discharged after 11 weeks and his twin sister was discharged a week later. I couldnt even begin to tell you our experience during these 11 & 12 weeks. Two steps forward, one step back; one step forward, two steps back. There were the great days and then there were the scary days. There were days of certainty and days of "wait and see". Plenty of emotions experienced, but none bigger than when we were able to put each twin in their car seat and take the home.

Today, Anthony and Kayla are three months old and they both are doing great. They are eating and growing ever so big before our eyes - literally. I know that they got some catching up to do - but wow - they are gaining weight by the second.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers. We truly appreciate it. During time of need, my wife and I would just pray and pray and pray to God for guidance, strength and support. I couldnt tell ya how many miracles we experienced. Anthony was diagnosed with a brain bleed and a grade 3 brain hemorrhage four days after birth. There is no medicine that stops the bleeding nor the hemorrhage. I was told that infants' brains are resilient and can heal over time, but God granted us a miracle. Within a few weeks, not only did the bleeding stop, but the hemorrhage was vastly improved. By the time that he was discharged, all of bleeding was absorbed. The ultrasound tech even told us, after performing his last head ultra-sound, that she wouldnt have classified his hemorrhage even as a grade 2. WOW ! That my friends is a miracle that God gave my family. As for Kayla, her big ailment was a PDA (heart). Unfortunately, medicine was unable to close the valve in her heart. Therefore, surgery was the only option to physically close this valve that remained opened. We prayed to God, as we did daily, to guide and bless her during her surgery - as well as guide over the physicians performing the surgery. Within days after the successful surgery, she was a new person. No more desats, no more oxygen assistance, no more ventilators - nada.

As a write this, I get a little choked up just thinking what our twins went through the past 12 weeks. Even though we will remember this experience, luckily, our children never will. (Unless they give my wife and I crap, Ill pull out the videos and pictures :) ). I am so proud seeing how each day, they would fight to make it to the next day. How they would amaze us, even the doctors and nurses, with their recovery. Most importantly, how God has blessed our family with his many miracles. I did meet other families who experienced similar and some even more heartbreaking scenarios with their children in the NICU. I would lend support and let them know - never give up & always stay positive. Babies feed off positivity.

Once again, a big thanks to RWG community. A bigger thanks to God. Never doubt the power of prayer !

Anthony

DSC_8685.jpg

Kayla

DSC_8697.jpg