When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Pride and Joy Back From the Spa

Watchmeister

Remember this one:

DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg

Well off it went to Ziggy for proper restoration: movement rebuilt, bracelet reassembled and no touching of the external aesthetics. The watch hadn't been serviced in quite a while and so when Ziggy opened it he found a bone dry movement with a touch of rust and the crystal gasket having not only flattened but actually partially melted. In truth the watch was in excellent condition for an untouched 45 year old watch. We did add a new crystal but the old one and original gaskets lay safely put to the side. The reassembly of the bracelet was also a work of art. Of course big thanks to a long time forum member for allowing me to to purchase his original watch he bought so many years ago. This one will have a good home with the new proud owner. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

IMG00198-20100604-2358.jpg

IMG00196-20100604-2356.jpg

IMG00195-20100604-2356.jpg

IMG00193-20100604-2354.jpg

IMG00194-20100604-2355.jpg

Collar matching cuffs ;)

IMG00197-20100604-2357.jpg

And the obligatory wrist shot:

IMG00190-20100604-2349.jpg

Amazing! :) I'm at a loss for words, W. I remember when you called me after picking this up, I don't know who was more excited to hear about the whole thing me or you, LOL. Simply unparalleled, and the icing on the cake - it's McQueen's favorite Rolex if I'm not mistaken. Congrats once again and wear it well!

If I hold my breath. :lol: It is wearable but I will keep my eye out for a link or two.

Dunno if it will work, but I have Yuki's 7206 non-expanding folded bracelet and you might be able to unfold a link or two and slip them in there. It has the solid rivet heads, not hollow like yours, so aesthetically it won't be much of a match. But it might work if you're interested.

Hmmmmm, looking closely at your photos, it appears there's a link in there already with solid rivet heads. So I think we're in the clear! PM me your address and I'll shoot the Yuki off to you.

IMG00195-20100604-2356.jpg

i keep comeing back to this thread and its just awesome! Its inspired me to get back to work on my 5514 comex franken.

I recently aquired a nice old, loose and beaten to crap Gen Rolex 9315 Bracelet with 380 end links. It was replaced with a 93150 on a 5512 or 5513 and this one just got thrown in the drawer... Five years later its now mine. Got it for $50 along with 2 leather gen rolex boxes from the 70's and papers and tags etc etc. Pretty good find i thought!!

Im working on the final stages of ageing the watch head to match the brutal wear on the bracelet.. i had to get out the BIG rocks and lots of sandpaper. Gunna start the "restoration" tomorrow with some serious polishing. The theme will be "10 years ago service at RWC and they only replaced the crystal, HEV, crown and tube and bezel. Case, bracelet and insert will be trashed showing 40 years of heavy use as a tool watch. After its all done i want to send it to Zig for some vintage tritium markers and matching hands with maybe a little bit of water stain discoloring thrown in just for fun.

Im so excited! Thanks Watchmeister and Zig for getting me back on track!! This project has been sitting for over a year half done and in pieces.

dizz