When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SCORE! - part deux

Nanuq

Delta / Ubi ... funny you should say that, I saw five bears this weekend, almost ran into one on Sunday on my mtn bike. I stopped about 40' from him and told him to beat it, and he just looked at me like "excuse me?" It took some convincing but I eventually persuaded him to scram.

Here's one on the road in front of my house

blackie2.jpg

Now how do I get him to WEAR the watch? :g:

Delta / Ubi ... funny you should say that, I saw five bears this weekend, almost ran into one on Sunday on my mtn bike. I stopped about 40' from him and told him to beat it, and he just looked at me like "excuse me?" It took some convincing but I eventually persuaded him to scram.

blackie2.jpg

That Salmon VODKA would do it :p

Sorry Chi, that was the deal of the century for sure. I can keep an eye out for another 9315 if you're looking?

That is, after all, the best part: thrill of the chase.

While you had the tools out, why didn't you correct that spelling mistake on the diver's extension? ;)

Why didn't I think of that! I had the grinding wheel out... drat! *snaps fingers*

Okay Chi, look at "ROLEX-TUDOR Oysterdate 74000 Automatic SS Mens Watch NR" It has a folded oyster, sorta stretched band, the whole shebang is $500 and ends in 7 hours. Buy it, put it on an aftermarket Jubilee for $10, resell for what you paid. Bingo, free folded oyster band.

Even better deal: item #230494583478 Tudor Oysterdate.

Comes with aftermarket AND original folded oyster band, $450 buy-it-now. Free shipping to boot. Keep the folded oyster, sell the Tudor for $450 in less than a week.

Bingo twice: another free folded Oyster.

N...joking aside...you are correct...it is the thrill of the chase!

I have been keeping my eye out on a couple of 9315's, but most of the time I forget to bid or to put my bid in with auctionstealer.

So really...can't blame anyone but me!:bangin:

Thanks for the suggestions btw!!!

Easily fixed with a flat bastard file

I had to laugh as this brought back memories.

When I was at school I had an engineering teacher who always said "When the job sucks get a bastard to do it" :)

Glad it all went well for you B

Ken

blackie2.jpg

This might be a crazy question, but I'm something of an animal nut... Would it be possible to befriend the bear Gentle Ben-style, or would approaching one just end in being big furry's lunch?

I can feel a Mister Rogers episode coming on here. "Hello neighbor, can I be your friend??" CHOMP!

Sorry TeeJay, they look cute but the friendliness ends there. Best to give them a wide berth in passing.

:rofl:

Insha'Allah

:cc_arabia:

I can feel a Mister Rogers episode coming on here. "Hello neighbor, can I be your friend??" CHOMP!

Sorry TeeJay, they look cute but the friendliness ends there. Best to give them a wide berth in passing.

Ahh, fair enough, I guess I was just thinking back to my childhood and watching Gentle Ben :D