When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

Meh, what BT is saying is on the gen forums a guy has 50k in watches and a 20k car.

Here in rep forums they have a 70k car and 1k in watches. Who is smarter....

I think the 50k in watches is smarter as watches don't depreciate as fast as a car. A 70k car is worth %70 less in 5 years were as if you are smart a good limited edition watch can appreciate. I much rather have the $50k invested in good watches. A car is not a sign of wealth. There are plenty of wealthy people driving fully paid Honda's.

Edited by ebzen02

A car is not a sign of wealth.

100% agree! All about the perception. I know plenty of guys that drive some pretty expensive cars or have offshore race boats...and not one of them is actually theirs. They lease them or are in debt up to their eyeballs. Out in Phoenix, they have what is called the $30K/year, Millionaires. These are the guys that make $30K a year but make it look like they make millions. Drive a Ferrari, have a unfurnished 4000sq.ft. house, and buy a $2 cheese burger on a credit card as they don't have 2 pennies to rub together, because they use their paychecks to make their car/house payments. Now the guy the drives a Honda with a Gen PP on his wrist, has the real wealth, but no one knows it. Believe it or not, the most wealthiest people in the US drive a standard Ford Taurus everyday.

100% agree! All about the perception. I know plenty of guys that drive some pretty expensive cars or have offshore race boats...and not one of them is actually theirs. They lease them or are in debt up to their eyeballs. Out in Phoenix, they have what is called the $30K/year, Millionaires. These are the guys that make $30K a year but make it look like they make millions. Drive a Ferrari, have a unfurnished 4000sq.ft. house, and buy a $2 cheese burger on a credit card as they don't have 2 pennies to rub together, because they use their paychecks to make their car/house payments. Now the guy the drives a Honda with a Gen PP on his wrist, has the real wealth, but no one knows it. Believe it or not, the most wealthiest people in the US drive a standard Ford Taurus everyday.

+1

Too bad the really fun cars cost money, huh Mike?? :D BTW....the new brakes on the Vette are just amazing!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...

Dave: Considering its at a recycling plant and one of the containers is labled steel, I got out of there pretty quick hehe

Erwinner: Love your spider, what kind of engine do you have? :)

All talk and no pictures, make a boring thread :p

IMG_0238.jpg

You guys in the US have it easy. Here in Singapore, cars cost typically between 2x - 3x of what they sell for in the US.

I drive a Mazda CX-7, which costs about US 33K in the US....but I paid well over US100K here.

Isn't the real kicker that you have to win a lottery of sorts to even be allowed the privilege of paying all that money?

The trade off is your flat (sort of) and low income tax rates. Cars are cheap here in Aus by comparison, but I pay very close to half my income in tax.

You guys in the US have it easy. Here in Singapore, cars cost typically between 2x - 3x of what they sell for in the US.

I drive a Mazda CX-7, which costs about US 33K in the US....but I paid well over US100K here.

I feel your pain buddy.. My ride costs like US$30k new in the US, but last I checked here in Sing, brand new sticker price for my wheels is now a cool US$130k here.. Ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you guys need cars for? Thought you could walk from one end to the other in 20 min...

Haha, not far wrong. I can go just about anywhere in SG by cab for about the same price as a bus fare here in Australia. For example, it would cost me 4.50SGD (3.40AUD) to go one way to the city from my place here in Aus - which is exactly 6.8k's.

For the SG'ers reading, by contrast, the taxi fare from CQ to TgKg (6.5k's) is about 4.50-5 SGD. Here in Aus, travelling the 6.8 kilometres from the city to my place in a taxi costs 49SGD - about 36AUD.

Things aren't so bad over there. ;)

Oh, and i believe the bus fare for that trip is about 20-30c.

Haha, not far wrong. I can go just about anywhere in SG by cab for about the same price as a bus fare here in Australia. For example, it would cost me 4.50SGD (3.40AUD) to go one way to the city from my place here in Aus - which is exactly 6.8k's.

For the SG'ers reading, by contrast, the taxi fare from CQ to TgKg (6.5k's) is about 4.50-5 SGD. Here in Aus, travelling the 6.8 kilometres from the city to my place in a taxi costs 49SGD - about 36AUD.

Things aren't so bad over there.

Oh, and i believe the bus fare for that trip is about 20-30c.

I thought so too when I moved back to Singapore a few years back. Just hail a cab to go anywhere and not worry about driving and finding parking.

That is, until I realized it's near impossible to get a bloody cab during peak hours, rainy days etc. Spend enough time here in Singapore and you'll know what I mean.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk