When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

Bottom line there are those that can afford expensive watches, but don't see the value in spending 8 - 12K for a watch, when a $300 rep is a 1:1 copy minus the movement. A watch with a $50 asian movement can keep time as well as an In House luxury brand movement costing 20 times as much. There are some of us in the rep game that like the style and design of some brands, but don't see the value in spending the money on a gen every time.

My 2 cents. I have some nice gen watches, and 1 nice rep. I'm sure there are plenty of high end gen watch owners that don't see the value in an expensive car, when to them its a means to get from point A to point B. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the same goes for the watch is just to tell time and we do not even need a wristwatch anymore; every single device that you can think of can tell time. the watch is just Jewelry for men. :rolleyes:

You guys might not like it, but I'm kinda into Volkswagens :whistling:

I also work for two car companies.

5795359320_651bbcd6c2_b.jpg

2006 MKV GTI

Performance:

Neuspeed Intake

Custom Engine Covers

Downpipe

APR Stage 2 (+70 HP, +123 TQ)

Akebono Ceramic Brake Pads

Suspension

Fk Konigsports

Wheels

Mercedes Alphards wheels (18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rears)

Exterior

Euro Tails

Jetta Grill with Matte Black front shield

Votex lip

Debadged

Colormatched Sidemarkers

Interior

Semting Headunit (My company)

Seat Handle Inserts

Edited by Streetlight

Audi A6 Ambition Luxe V6 3.0 diesel quattro

Year: 2006

Black Leather, Gps, heat seats, etc.

Excellent big Car and really good to take the Road for a long time !

I will post pics later

-----------

I have had a Range Rover Hse Sport V6 black

Year 2005

Few problems with this Car... It was a Good car but I was afraid before a long way... Too many electronics problems in 2 years.

you all are driving very cool cars!!!

I just ordered myself the new BMW M1!

Can't wait when they call me to come pick it up!

Only the insurance whas a pain in the ass, we ended up putting the car on my father's company because I was to young for that kind of engine!

you all are driving very cool cars!!!

I just ordered myself the new BMW M1!

Can't wait when they call me to come pick it up!

Only the insurance whas a pain in the ass, we ended up putting the car on my father's company because I was to young for that kind of engine!

Very jealous, have fun with that car, it's beautiful. I assume you mean the BMW 1 M series coupe, the M1 was a mid engine limited production car that BMW made in the late 1970s.

I'm just messing with you, lovely car, have fun with it.

Very jealous, have fun with that car, it's beautiful. I assume you mean the BMW 1 M series coupe, the M1 was a mid engine limited production car that BMW made in the late 1970s.

I'm just messing with you, lovely car, have fun with it.

Ow Yeah that's what I meant! They may give me the M1 instead of the 1 M Series, I would be happy with it too! ;)

I should have it in September, early october! to bad it's after the summer :thumbdown:

untill then I just use my bicycle!

Ow Yeah that's what I meant! They may give me the M1 instead of the 1 M Series, I would be happy with it too! ;)

I should have it in September, early october! to bad it's after the summer :thumbdown:

untill then I just use my bicycle!

Bicycle to beemer....now that's a sweet upgrade

Guest Sql_pl

Thats a nice story Sixx, I didn't even know there was such thing as motorcycle gumball! Never been into bikes myself, I guess that's why!

As for what I drive, most of the time it is this - 9 years of ownership and I still absolutely adore it, practical, fully driveable in winter, capable of embarassing many supercars, a B5 RS4:

au1.jpg

au2z.jpg

Pics were taken before I had it lowered by 4 cm, looks way better now, will have to take some nicer pics.

For some nice sunny drives it is this (SL500):

39848-38335.jpg

39848-38336.jpg

It also works a bit better in moments like this:

lotn1.jpg

lotn2.jpg

lotn4.jpg

Sometimes I also get to drive my GF's E87:

jedenqj.jpg

jed2.jpg

:drinks:

This got added to the stable:

001ft.jpg

002wot.jpg

004axx.jpg

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Sql_pl

Here are my two main daily drivers:

IMG_0978.jpg

1993 VR6 Corrado SLC and 2004 R32

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

The R32 just has a intake and chip, brake rotor upgrade, & lightweight wheels... otherwise stock perfection.

The SLC just has a few carbon fiber goodies on her, otherwise stock so far.

Incidentally the SLC is the replacement for my G60 Corrado that i just wrecked a few months ago (took it down a cliff in Malibu)

Here are a few shots of before & after:

pandora-fd2.jpg

pandora-fd6.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

I also have a 1973 Fiat Spyder 1600S that I've been restoring, my dad bought it new when I was a child...

August2008200.jpg

August2008199.jpg

August2008198.jpg

August2008195.jpg

August2008194.jpg

I got a new company car. Mercedes E200 CDI. It's brand new... but I liked my '06 car better... it had better suspension without a doubt.

Then I bought an immaculate "Alpine white" E39 BMW 525i... model year 2000. It's much better car to drive, than my new Merc. The only thing missing is the low RPM torque, which is superb on the Merc.

I try to post pictures when I can. :good:

Incidentally the SLC is the replacement for my G60 Corrado that i just wrecked a few months ago (took it down a cliff in Malibu)

You were in that when it went down the cliff???

I loved the Corrado's! I wish they would bring back something like that. The Corrado or Scirocco (and no, not that silly one they released in the UK)

I will soon start to be a faithfull client of public transportations!

Brussels is the most traffic jamed city in Europe!

Luckily I work from home and travel abroad...almost never take my car.

So, now is the time to think about getting myself an Alfa Romeo Giullia from the 70ies and start to drive on sundays only like old people :)

http://www.lesoir.be/regions/bruxelles/2011-06-15/bruxelles-ville-la-plus-bouchee-d-europe-845700.php

According to these stats, Brussels is even worse than Warsaw (where I go twice a month)...only Dublin is cool :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I settled into a Jeep Wrangler but these were two of my favorites from past years

I'm going to guess there aren't too many of these in the EU...

1977 Ford Bronco

bronco1.jpg

No kidding, the bronco got right about 10-12 miles per gallon. or... 5 KpL, 14 UKMpG

1973 Scout II

Scout7.jpg

you don't want to know about the mpg here

I originally joined the forum to find/build a 6538 Big Crown Submariner as a homage to the watch that Sean Connery wore in the 60s James Bond films. After a long search, I've finally found a car to use as my base for my Aston Martin homage! Spent about a year looking at rusted out cars to finally find this baby in pretty decent shape but in need of some engine work. Can't afford a DB5, but I'll live with this for now [:

1974 MGB GT

Photo%20Jun%2021%2C%204%2034%2037%20PM.jpeg

Here's my new camping companion, I'm the 3rd owner and she comes with complete documentation, back to the original letter of thanks from Solihull at the initial purchase. 66,000 miles and completely redone from front bumper to back.

grover1_sm.jpg