When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

I have a family now so its time for the 4 door family cruiser.

Once my son is old enough to get himself into the backseat I will go back to a coupe. Thinking Audi S5 or BMW 335XI or Mercedes C350 maybe? I will say that this car has totally changed my perspective on Hyundai...this has been a GREAT car and was really innexpensive with a nice warranty. Im a total convert.

Go with the Audi ... :)

IMG_20120417_120626.jpg

We traded the wife's beetle on a Hyundai IX35. It may be called by other names in different markets but I gave to say that as far as creature comforts, value and peace of mind, the thing is brilliant. I am traditionally porsche or MB so this was a huge departure and I and the wife are absolutely loving it

Oh and the best car I have ever owned was a white audi A4 Motorsport, built by Porsche Cars Australia. Bilsteen coil overs. Serious swaybars. Brembo 6 pots. BBS 19's, a great body kit and of course every factory accessory. It wasn't an 'S' or 'RS' but it was stunning.

When my PC is working again I will post a couple of pics.

OK, so, truthfully -used Audis are reliable? May I ask, are they expensive to maintain and fix?

Ive been told by more than one person to never buy an audi. That being said...I certainly havent ruled out the A5. I would just do a lot of research before putting down the money. Most review sites put the A5 at average reliability, so not great and certainly not bad.

Wish they would carry a better warranty....4 years, 50K miles is not impressive compared to some....if this were a honda accord then it wouldnt even need a warranty!

I am in the marked for a new one.. This is number one right now!!

If I can trade in my old one and get some pennies of this I will do it!!!

Totally renovated 1991 model. New full paint. over 250 hours in renovating time... Totally stripped down and rebuilt by a reputable company..

post-21269-0-41874600-1361389699_thumb.j

post-21269-0-11399800-1361389701_thumb.j

• Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@asci

I can realy see you in that one mate!!!

Here is what i drive :) and i like it!!! Much car for the money :)

And the bmw i drive in the summer, and this summer i will race with it on court :) that is if i have the money over!

post-33845-0-93249500-1361391334_thumb.j

post-33845-0-57333100-1361391360_thumb.j

Buying a used luxury car ... is a mixed bag. Yes you get a $100,000 car for $30,000 .. but the factory makes it's money from you on the back end, in huge charges for parts. If you feel good about turning a wrench, then YES it's a good idea. If you are going to rely on the dealership for service then prepare to be mega raped.

That Bentley is quite a fine automobile.

I personally love the lines of the 60's decade RR. Here is a fine example I would love to have. Presently, I am speaking with the owner

about an art trade for this 1966 first production year of the Corniche model,

post-3251-0-09275000-1361410159_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

-------------

Wohooooo.

I have made an order for a custom Jeep to be built for me

Base 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 High Output. Will be totally renovated from top to bottom.

Full engine rebuild and drivetrain.. all bushings and so on.....

Body will be torn down for a full rust treatment and professionally re-painted. 

4" elevation kit with 325x75x15 wheels and matt black rims.

Flat OD green paint.

Flat black detailing all over.

Wheel Flares.

Getting rid of all decals.

Antracite leather interior.

Steps on the side heavy gauge piping

front and back bumpers heavy gauge pipes.

Color example :

post-21269-0-63168400-1362168330_thumb.j

post-21269-0-70740400-1362168331_thumb.j

post-21269-0-30392500-1362168332_thumb.j

When I lived on Maui, I had a 1967, white XKE ragtop, noy this one, but The all chrome body is

quite a good custom job.

post-3251-0-59665300-1362168531_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Audi trumps BMW for me each time.

I have always preferred Porsches and Audis over beema's

BMW is more of a drivers car. Audi seems to have become the go-to car for BMW drivers who can't drive. Thinks have improved a lot in recent years as they don't have to make do with the horrible VW platforms anymore, but still not quite there yet.  I used to work for Audi (corporate) and drove pretty much everything what had wheels and 4 rings. One exception though, I had the pleasure of driving a pre-production S8 with Lambo engine which was tuned up instead of down...