When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

Need a laugh guys picked up one of these. Just for local crap I have 4 others as this can not be your only car.

smart-car.jpg

You fit in that? I would be surprised if your wrist got thru the door;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droptop, plenty of room and I am not a small guy to say the least. Two seats all cabin enough room behind for a trip to super market, getting about 35 MPH around town. A lot more room than the 69 Vet I cruised around in back in high school. (T-roofs ,drop back window, 327 small block w/350 horse)

droptop, plenty of room and I am not a small guy to say the least. Two seats all cabin enough room behind for a trip to super market, getting about 35 MPH around town. A lot more room than the 69 Vet I cruised around in back in high school. (T-roofs ,drop back window, 327 small block w/350 horse)

Wow, would not have guessed that.  Cool.  Love the Corvette you had.  My wife drives a Prius, it is a series 5 with every option and 17 inch factory mags, even has heated seats. It is a very good car.  Plenty of room and averages 50+ MPG.  Little short on leg room for me being 6 3 but all in all a great vehicle.  We drove it to Palm Springs and back for about $300 in gas:)  I wanted to buy her an Audi when I bought my last one and she wanted the Prius.  She loves it. Easily fit 2 sets of golf clubs and 2 suitcases in it.    

Great thread. I've always been a car person and owned a lot over my life.

Current is a 3 series touring msport. Fantastic 'sensible' car for my needs and cheap on fuel too. No plans to change for a while and when I do it will be for a bigger engined touring :)

Edited by dusk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, in process of ordering a 2015 Audi S5 droptop to replace my 2010.  Some new features on this model.  Adaptive suspension control, sport differential, dual clutch transmission, and titanium wheels  Nothing available with the options I chose so I have to order it and wait 12-16 weeks.  It will be Ice Silver with black top and titanium wheels.  Silver and black interior with carbon fiber inlays.  First thing I will do is paint the grill black and install a Stasis chip to control the computer and add some more HP!!! Cheesy picture from the PDF build on Audi's website.  Pretty excited should have the order completed tomorrow.  What you think of the build.  Usually do black but sick of buffing and waxing all the time.  Silver with the dark wheels should be easier upkeep.

post-60288-0-53916600-1397615044_thumb.j

Hi guys, in process of ordering a 2015 Audi S5 droptop to replace my 2010.  Some new features on this model.  Adaptive suspension control, sport differential, dual clutch transmission, and titanium wheels  Nothing available with the options I chose so I have to order it and wait 12-16 weeks.  It will be Ice Silver with black top and titanium wheels.  Silver and black interior with carbon fiber inlays.  First thing I will do is paint the grill black and install a Stasis chip to control the computer and add some more HP!!! Cheesy picture from the PDF build on Audi's website.  Pretty excited should have the order completed tomorrow.  What you think of the build.  Usually do black but sick of buffing and waxing all the time.  Silver with the dark wheels should be easier upkeep.

That would be a terrible choice ....

Just kidding ... my 2009 s-line coupe says hello ... :)

audi_a5.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tom,

Very nice,I think I chose the same color and similar wheel pattern.  Audi makes an excellent car.  Had a 2007 RS 4 then the 2010 cabrio I have now.  Going to sign all the paperwork this afternoon.  I will post some pics once she arrives.  

Mark

Will be interested in the Stasis chip results. I hated the standard 2.0T engine when I drove one, so I went back to the 2009 model year to get the 3.2l v6. Hope the 3.0T of the S5 is better. I actually want to upgrade myself at some point.

My wheels are the 19" titanium rotors. Interesting that the new 'facelift' model doesn't have a black grille. Mine certainly is.

8.jpg

Edited by tomhorn

Tom, yes the supercharged 6 is like a different car.  Performs and sounds more like my RS4.  Spent an hour or so today driving around in one.  Big difference from my current model.  You can change cars performance settings with the computer in the MMI.  It is really cool 4 settings change the characteristics from comfort, sport and dynamic and 1 user setting option.  The dual clutch tranny works like a stall converter on a race car.  You can apply brake at a stop and wind it to 3500 rpm and launch it.  The new sport differential acts more like a rear wheel drive when you have it in dynamic mode.  You can actually get the back end to slide pretty good.  I think I may have scared the salesman a little a couple of times.  Only problem is they are not going to offer the Ice Silver for 2015 so now I have to figure out what color.  The new silver has a blue tint to it.  I am waiting to get some samples of the new colors.  Could end up with another Black one.  They were wrong about estimated time.  I cannot even get a formal order in for three weeks.  Really close to buying a new 2014 in black but did not have the titanium wheels and I hate buying a new car that is almost a year old......in car years.  Car exceeded my expectations for performance and I have built and owned many fast cars and some race cars.  Go drive one, I think you will be impressed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...