When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wednesday Wristy's

P4GTR

I've been touting new stuff (a slew of APs, IWC, Breitling, etc) for too long, so it's back to some classics for me.

Despite all the new stuff sitting in my safe, there's nothing like hangin' with an old dear friend.

In this case, a circa '68-'69 5513 with original twinlock and superdome. I really should replace the twinlock with the triplock parts I have. I have a NOS twinlock crown but for the past 7 or more years, I've been searching for a NOS twinlock crowntube to no avail. The bracelet and the bezel insert are not original to the watch (but I do have the originals in my possession/storage though).

This ol' darling is super accurate--perhaps thee most accurate out of my mechanical collection. Impressive to say the very least.

5513_Oyster_1.jpg

5513_01.jpg

5513_crystal5.jpg

Today i recived my first rep!

This UPO was bought from PT, delivery took 3 weeks, but hey it's summer.

Great service and product!

No (compatible) macro function on my Sony, it uses 80's Minolta optics :p

dsc03959b.jpg

dsc03960.jpg

Good to see Euno posting again thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Nice Mare Pete...How's it wearing?

028A for me on Zergun Blackrider

It wears very well great balance and very comfy for big watch, Its a lovely watch overall great presence but on the downside, The lume is awful even for rep standard, the hands are slightly wrong colour like the 253 etc, the inscriptions are wrong colour and markers are slightly off to the gen, bezel teeth are too big and it is suppose to have double AR but I cant see any evidence of it, I think its double secret AR!!!. It is a well built watch though and very nice in its own right. Case is also off. Meant to of been built with the help of PAM experts, all I can say is either the term expert is very loose or the reppers paid no attention to them. As it wouldnt of taken much to move this watch from good to special!!! Shame missed opportunity. Though I do like it. I would of reviewed it but I think others are, so I wouldnt want to tread on their toes. ;)

@ST4 Thanks mate, I think!! ;):)