When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh updates quality control procedures

P4GTR

Anyone see the new banner on Josh's site? Top right of his page, "Quality Check Procedures"

He's outlines a new QC model. He is now delivering pics, including pics of watch on the timing machine, and waterproofing for watches $200 and up.

Sounds like a positive step...

Discuss!

In the announcement thread for the newest 1:1 ultimate Hublot Big Bang thing ... he comments and explains he's hired additional people to handle QC and photo-approval.

Like someone else mentioned, I personally do not understand how such a high-volume dealer can QC watches. Eventually your watchsmith just goes insane and starts stamping everything OK without looking at it.

We will see

This is great! I've always been a fan of Jos because of the quality of the watches he provides anyway.

Having recieved 100% crap out of my previous dealer who promised qc even where Jos officially did not. Not being a fan boy here, the proof is in my watchboxes - have bought 30 items from him, of them only one has ever had problem that needed to be returned.

This only sweetens the deal for me, Jos is the man.,

Sounds good. But I also wonder how this can be made due to the high volume of watches?

Also, the english that the QC-information is written in does not sound like it is Josh, maybe he hired someone to write it ..

Anyhow - I only buy from Josh and he have always delivered good products and fixed all faults that I ever had.

This makes it even better!

tazz

In the announcement thread for the newest 1:1 ultimate Hublot Big Bang thing ... he comments and explains he's hired additional people to handle QC and photo-approval.

Like someone else mentioned, I personally do not understand how such a high-volume dealer can QC watches. Eventually your watchsmith just goes insane and starts stamping everything OK without looking at it.

We will see

I agree, from a high-volume dealer, I can't see it happening.

We will see

+1.. He just sells too many watches to personally check everything. Maybe everything does indeed pass through his hands.. but that doesn't mean qc...

Having said that.. Josh has always been well known for correcting problems when they arise, but a thorough QC would eliminate over half the problems that come back to haunt him after sale....

Josh has always been a top dealer indeed.

I think QC might be more economic for the dealers in the long run. I mean, it can reduce the back and forth shipping and members' returns due to QC issues.

Freddy's absolutely right. I take all this QC hoopla with a gigantic grain of salt! I definitely remmber that POC DSSD that ETZ sent me. I was one of the really lucky ones who got a good 2010 version from them in return before they disappeared.

I agree...time will tell but I agree with By-Tor that if Josh and other dealers seriously implimented these kinds of QC tests and standards, their cut of the customer pie would be much larger. About 25% of the stuff I get from dealers has some kind of issue ranging from owner reparable to "send it back to China". If every watch was insured to be running accurately and to have passed a visual inspection by the buyer prior to shipping, our dealers would be much happier campers in the long run. As for Josh's volume...how much do you guys think he ships out on a daily basis...5...10...25 watches? I have no idea but I get the impression given all of the noise out there and the scam artists, his site isn't exactly as well known as Wal-Mart.

have bought 30 items from him, of them only one has ever had problem that needed to be returned.

Really? Seriously?! That has to be a record. 30 watches and one problem?

You sir, have somehow managed to stop the replica space time continuum, and transport perfection (less 3%) through some sort've Guangzhou rabbit hole. I'd say you need a moon watch immediately, with all this space age [censored] you have going on, but you probably already have one- in perfect condition no less. Take me to your leader! :D

As far as this new QC.. I could speculate either way.

Josh could very well be scoffed he's bleeding money just like the consumers, sending watches back and forth, sending replacement parts on the house. The cost to cease that practice could be less than letting it continue. Maybe the pics serve two purposes. Not only for buyers, but for him to ultimately QC his runners, the ones dropping the ball.

Maybe my upside down flip lock clasp was the straw that broke the camels back. It could be me, that has changed things forever! Viva la revolution!

SDC12771.jpg

Space age [censored]. Moonwatch man... Moonwatch.

Astronaut-27622.jpg

I'm sober, seriously, I'm not into that anymore. But the google search for that image had some tasty looking pictures. :g:

I moved from Josh/Andrew to another dealer because of endless problems with payment transactions and absolutely no QC - I got watches with broken bracelets, no date change ETA sub, AP missing one screw in the bezel, bezel inserts seperated from a watch in transit and many, many other issues.

They are good at correcting problems but I still have to pay return shipping of so many items. - So I decided to switch to another dealer who promises higher standard and testing of the goods before shipment, no dropshipping aso.

Guess what. The very first watch I receive - An AP T3 titanium - has a seized movement and it has probably never worked. - The next watch comes on a wrong bracelet/strap and leather straps I ordered was not shipped...

So what's new? :whistling:

Good to see that the smaller dealers like Mary for example, and others, who offer a higher level of QC and a personal touch, including photos before delivery as standard, are finally influencing a larger dealer into offering a higher level of service too :)

It can only be better for us the paying customers, lets hope Josh can live up to his statement, and that he drags a few other dealers along in his wake, as they realise that true QC wins customers, $$$ talks....

I agree...time will tell but I agree with By-Tor that if Josh and other dealers seriously implimented these kinds of QC tests and standards, their cut of the customer pie would be much larger. About 25% of the stuff I get from dealers has some kind of issue ranging from owner reparable to "send it back to China". If every watch was insured to be running accurately and to have passed a visual inspection by the buyer prior to shipping, our dealers would be much happier campers in the long run. As for Josh's volume...how much do you guys think he ships out on a daily basis...5...10...25 watches? I have no idea but I get the impression given all of the noise out there and the scam artists, his site isn't exactly as well known as Wal-Mart.

haha.. 5-10 watches per day?? i'd love to know how many.. but i'm sure it's over that. he's the biggest dealer on 3 websites of over 25,000 members. To be generous.. of course there's member run-over on all those sites but I'd be willing to bet he's got at least a 100 watches to handle a week... Which is more than a handful even with the little help he has..

Really? Seriously?! That has to be a record. 30 watches and one problem?

Yes, really seriously. Probably shouldn't have said it out loud though (*rubs rabbits paw*). And they all work flawlessy to this day. All of them. (*knocks on wood*).

I sent one other other watch back though. I broke my Sinn U1 trying to remove the the hands for no reason at all. When i asked Josh for the the spare sparts, he asked me to send it back and he fixed it and EMS'd back no charge.

I think if there's any dealer who has the resources to pull this off, it's Jos.

Like i said this only sweetens the deal the for me.

The only thing that stops me from ordering from Josh is his lack of interest in selling parts (bezel, bracelet) after the purchaseof the watch was made for a couple of months. I would stick to my dealers as they have offered a helping hand when needed.

The only thing that stops me from ordering from Josh is his lack of interest in selling parts (bezel, bracelet) after the purchaseof the watch was made for a couple of months. I would stick to my dealers as they have offered a helping hand when needed.

I never had a parts availability issue with Josh. I guess the above the norm customer service is a function of how much you have spent like all business runs. I for one see this as an admirable effort but I can't see how 10-20 watches a day can be shipped out with this pre-testing without an increase in on the ground manpower. Maybe Josh has taken on some new employees or partners. Who knows. The proof will be in the product and I'm sure this forum will do the testing.