When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Nightclub Watch

El Fenix

Hey all,

I love my Navitimer Tricompax for everyday wear, and for the office. In fact, my boss joked that he was going to shank me in the parking lot and take my watch. I've wanted one of these for years, and truly love this watch. I believe classy women recognize the iconic design.

That being said, I'm thinking my next purchase will be something really over the top. I was looking at the 45.5 Ultimate Planet Ocean as my next buy.

What do you all think would be the ultimate stand out, status watch to show off?

Hmm... this is very subjective, but I'll say Rolex Daytona. From what I recall the watch starts out at something like $20k and goes up from there. You can't scream more "status watch" than that. Well, you can but how many people will seriously believe that you're wearing a $100k+ watch on your wrist at a club without you having valet'd your Ferrari. :victory:

Seriously though,

There was a thread a while about about the biggest vag magnet watch....there were a few great ones in there. The AP Roo, and Rolex were well featured. I'm wondering what the max flash watch, that would be recognized would be. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

P.S. After looking at Daytonas, I think the Navitimer looks a lot cooler than that...rep or gen aside.

Edited by El Fenix

or get a Breitling Blackbird and have Z blue lume it... :whistling: go for uniqueness and not some cliche piece...

i get more complements with my tricompax black arabic dial Navi with chieftang double ar and eta dw, than any other watch...but the Blackbird is sharp with its brushed look...

I'm afraid to say most women don't notice or care about watches. Those that do (and will recognize a Rolex) charge by the hour.

:rofl: too true, or are Russian mail order bride-to-be's. :bicycle:

But first, where is the ultimate night club?

Used to be Ibiza.

Hey all,

I love my Navitimer Tricompax for everyday wear, and for the office. In fact, my boss joked that he was going to shank me in the parking lot and take my watch. I've wanted one of these for years, and truly love this watch. I believe classy women recognize the iconic design.

That being said, I'm thinking my next purchase will be something really over the top. I was looking at the 45.5 Ultimate Planet Ocean as my next buy.

What do you all think would be the ultimate stand out, status watch to show off?

a 45.5mm planet ocean is "over the top"? If james bond wears it.. then I think it should be automatically discounted as "over the top"! The Planet Ocean is a classic watch that's very understated in many regards. The smooth lines, thinner profile and polished/brushed contrast make it an excellent all around sports watch. But it certainly is NOT over the top.

A good club watch might be an Audemars Royal Oak Offshore or an IWC Big Pilot.. But NOT a Planet ocean!

Seriously though,

There was a thread a while about about the biggest vag magnet watch....there were a few great ones in there. The AP Roo, and Rolex were well featured. I'm wondering what the max flash watch, that would be recognized would be. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

P.S. After looking at Daytonas, I think the Navitimer looks a lot cooler than that...rep or gen aside.

My experience is that PAMs have gotten the most attention from the women, but I guess it depends on what kind of attention you want to attract, after all, you don't want some lowlife to try shanking you in the parking lot for your watch :lol: I'd actually vote for a simple Rolex DateJust with silver dial and beveled bezel. It'll reflect the light nicely and look good, but not scream "I'm an over-compensating douche who's hung like a hamster..." It'll be noticed by those in the know, ignored by those who don't know any better.

My experience is that PAMs have gotten the most attention from the women, but I guess it depends on what kind of attention you want to attract, after all, you don't want some lowlife to try shanking you in the parking lot for your watch :lol: I'd actually vote for a simple Rolex DateJust with silver dial and beveled bezel. It'll reflect the light nicely and look good, but not scream "I'm an over-compensating douche who's hung like a hamster..." It'll be noticed by those in the know, ignored by those who don't know any better.

ROFL #2 :rofl:

The only time a woman ever noticed the watch I was wearing was when I wore a plain noob Submariner into a strip club. She saw my Louis Vuitton wallet and Rolex watch and clung to me for the rest of the night thinking I was ready to spend all my hard earned cash! :D

Oops....

Have to admit though....it was a really fun night out in Vegas :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In the clubs I like wearing my stainless steel Kenneth Cole on one wrist, and a tungsten bracelet on the other. It's not a fancy watch, but it's big and has a shadow box effect that reflects the light and gets noticed. The bracelet helps balance the look while also providing another accessory for the ladies to notice. Really, though, the watch and bracelet are just the finishing touches - I don't work my entire look around what's on my wrists.

My 47mm PAMs have always been noticed, commented on and wrist grabbed by women, they seem to be drawn to the dome crystal and the strap, well thats what they say they like about it!! .................. at the bar it really gets commented on even if my wife is stood there, I have had girls grab my wrist to look at it closer then after I get accused of knowing them !! The comment is usually "Well why else would she come up and start talking to you!! "

The only other one I have worn that gets a lot of comments and wrist grabbing is my B&R 01-92 White dial SS.

First of all, definately not a Rolex!! Rolex's are considered boring and an old-mans watch. And yes, I'm pretty sure of this, well at least in Sweden among Swedish girls. And I think we can all agree that Sweden has one of the nicest female part of the pop. in the world. :)

I think a PO on a bracelet is a pretty good choice. Not the orange one though. Most larger similar looking watches on bracelet would work.

Of course it also depends on the way you dress. If you dress "modern", something big like a PAM works great. My PAM104 on rubber seems to be very popular. My black IWC Porto-Chrono has been popular when I've been dressed more sharp.

Anything gold, or to blingy is a big no-no. The Hublots might work, especially the all-black or similar. Also think your (TS) Navitimer is a good choice.