When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Lv? (tricky)

aeroguy

hard to tell with only one pic -

the dial-printing is a little blurry - could be the photo...

insert-color is a little dark - could be the photo...

my tip - gen or a very very nice rep ...

Frank

hard to tell with only one pic -

the dial-printing is a little blurry - could be the photo...

insert-color is a little dark - could be the photo...

my tip - gen or a very very nice rep ...

Frank

Looks real. Solid end link looks very well constructed with sharp margins.

The only possible problem I have with this watch is the crystal and small, a bit wrongly shaped cyclops. Could be the picture too... it's not the greatest shot.

But I'd say it's genuine too. Case, pearl and bracelet all look good.

Edited by By-Tor

Well, I guess I forgot who I was dealing with :D The main resson I read these boards is I've found no better WIS group anywhere :3a:

You guys are right, it's a genuine. I thought someone would get twisted up by the "SWISS MADE" being over only 3 ticks. I've not seen many LV's like that.

Well, I just looked at three 16610's at bernardwatch.com, not LV's, but a 2003, 2005 and one BNIB and the Swiss Made in three ticks varies- sometimes the outside ticks (4&5) are longer and sometimes they're shorter. Just goes to show, you can count on Rolex to mix things up. Look at the "4" on the bezel insert- the new one is pointed, the old one just a couple of years back was blocky.

Judging from the pic (could be the pic), fake but a real good one. The CGs give it away. Look at the real thing (snagged and blown up from Rolex official website) and yours (flipped 90 degrees). Your CGs look a little short. From this angle, the outside of top CG may look straight, but that of the bottom should show some curvature. It looks like a straight line to me. And the CGs should be more pointy. Again it could be the picture.

127247-20134.jpg127247-20135.jpg

Edited by bklm1234

Judging from the pic (could be the pic), fake but a real good one. The CGs give it away. Look at the real thing (snagged and blown up from Rolex official website) and yours (flipped 90 degrees). Your CGs look a little short. From this angle, the outside of top CG may look straight, but that of the bottom should show some curvature. It looks like a straight line to me. And the CGs should be more pointy. Again it could be the picture.

I guess you missed the boat. It's genuine. The owner just admitted it. It looks genuine too.

There may be a little bit of variety in the finishing of the same Rolex gen watches, explaining your observation.

One word: if it looks "harmonious," then it's likely a gen.

I guess you missed the boat. It's genuine. The owner just admitted it. It looks genuine too.

There may be a little bit of variety in the finishing of the same Rolex gen watches, explaining your observation.

One word: if it looks "harmonious," then it's likely a gen.

How did I miss reading aeroguy's confession? Anyway, oh well, it's the pic. It's too dark at the tip of the CGs, making the curvature unnoticeable and making the CGs look short.

How did I miss reading aeroguy's confession? Anyway, oh well, it's the pic. It's too dark at the tip of the CGs, making the curvature unnoticeable and making the CGs look short.

I didn't see the confession either - but I see it now. Despite being a lousy picture (and perhaps that's why he calls it tricky), I concentrated mostly on the dial and specifically the silver borders around the markers. They're too thick on every rep dial I've ever seen, and they look correct on this one. And then looking at the SELs and the CGs (even though they're in shadows), these details also look believable. So, even though I thought the insert was ever so slightly questionable, I've got to call it real. I just have to assume that the questionable details stem from the poor picture quality.

• 2 months later...

One thing that I've always noticed about LV reps that I've never seen mentioned or addressed is the BEVELED edges on the case lugs, (CLEARLY visible and different in the side by side photos above). Every genuine LV I've seen has those polished beveled edges and I've NEVER seen a rep with them. I can't be the only person to notice this. The bevel is slight where the bezel meets and then tapers to a larger bevel as the lugs curve toward the ends.

I instantly thought the initial photo was a rep due to the case not having the beveled edges.

Edited by pop73

Why are people saying "poor picture quality" and such? I think its a fine picture, very nice even!

If you mean in terms of the time set blocking the letters and such and not being able to see the fine details, ok. But in terms of clarity, its a very nice pic.

Edited by Dutchy