When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project of my dayly beater finished...

Omega

After the birth of my daughters I had no time to spend in my hobby for a while. So this should be the first finished project after the break. I hope there are coming some more up... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

To the specs:

- GMT IIc from the Noob factory

- Polished rehaut to make the engravings not to be so much present

- gen tube and crown

- cyclops with AR, perfect centred

- BK datewheel, all numbers perfect centred (changed because Noob datewheel has bigger and thiner font)

- serviced ETA 2836-2 witch runs +2cec/day

- replaced inlay to sit deeper in the bezel

Next to do:

- install a CHS module (if someone has one for sale please contact me!)

Enjoy, I hope you like it (and sorry for the bad pics, they are taken with a iPhone):

cpOwbsctBdXK.JPG

6uyZzKH8Rwa1.JPG

oi9mmbQWueNL.JPG

fyo38SQ03BSu.JPG

Thanks guys. I am glad to see you like it... :victory:

It's the actual version which are selling our trusted dealers, so the watch comes with this bezel inlay. The numbers are very sharp even if you look at them thru a mag...it's really a big improvement. On this model I think the inlay makes the watch...

My daughter was born 11/30/10! Congrats to you!

Your watch is amazing! How did you AR the cyclops? That is the only thing stopping me from starting a gmtIIc project.

Congrats, my friend! My girlies are 15 month now...a :angel: and a :girl_devil: ...and I am only the :clown:

It's a cyclops from caruwe. I bought the watch with this upgrade, but it was not perfect aligned and the glue I think was not the correct one, so I reattached it. You can also contact chieftang, maybe he can help you in any way. And don't be afraid to get the cyclops off - it is very easy - you even have not to dissamble the watch!

Could you give us a quick post on how you removed the cyclops? i have an AR'ed cyclops from the same source.I would love to replace the non AR cyclops with the AR one. I can't disassemble the watch, so i need to be able to do it with the watch assembled.

Thanks in advance.

Use a storm lighter directly on the cyclops - not in the bezel direction - 'till the color changes darker (3-5 seconds) and push it off with some brass tool. Clean the crystal with a blade from the old glue and after that with glass cleaner. Buy some good UV glass glue, make a small drop on the crystal and press the cyclops once to push the glue out, now find the correct position and put it under a UV lamp for few seconds - that's it! If you have no UV lamp you can use also the daylight for a few minutes, it will also be OK. ;)