When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new franken bond

FxrAndy

Just quick post on this as it is not that special, but thanks to a great deal on a Gen dial movement and hands i started building this on as i have always been a bond fan.

the recipe

Gen dial

gen hands

gen 1120 movement

gen tube

gen crown

gen bracelet (i got a great deal on this brand new)

Rep case and bezel (pearl polished and recessed, but the lume is still crap compared to the dial)

Any one got a gen bezel insert????????

DSCF2055.jpg

DSCF2056.jpg

DSCF2059.jpg

DSCF2057.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

I think the crown guards could be a touch shorter but apart from that i could add AR but the easrly 1120 gens did not have any as afar as i know.

quite any easy project this one.

Oh the rep with the correct HE position is from Mary at watchinternational and it was a great service that i recieved and the case takes a gen tube with out problems just pull out the old one, pop the new on in the freeser for and hour and then push it in (still stiff but that ensures for a good fit!)

That looks very good and the insert is a good rich blue as per a new gen insert. If you are only concerned with the pearl I may have a gen pearl in my toolbox. I buy and sell around 30 SMP's a year and sometimes keep odd bits if I refurb them.

As far as I know all 2531.80 SMP autos have always had internal AR but some 2541.80 Quartz models did not in my experience.

Shoot me a pm if you want a pearl and I will have a good look through my parts bin! :victory:

Thanks Watcher, it is more the colour of the bezel that digs at me, it is just a bit too? well too blue.

Ryaku, i may go for some finedd AR next time i send anything down to Uwe, i sold my black gen by the way so we are equal on the frankens.

Red the basic watch from mary at less than $200 is well worth it, Even had a swiss 2824 fitted! I may relume that dial and sell it on to bring the costs down on this as well.

Guest jsuperman17

see thats seamaster... you got a good deal on the gen dial and gen 1120 andy...i saw that posting for that and my stomach sunk since it was soo cheap!! can you pm how much it all cost.. if your ready to let go of it.. let me know... see the problem with going franken on smp's is that a gen is so easily attainable @ about 1k? so to me its not worth.. but building it is half the fun right??

Guest jsuperman17

well andy... theres a bunch a of aftermarket parts.. but i dont know if it will fit... i can get you some links... i want to get it but will need a new crystal for sure... awesome watch again brother...

Awesome, especially if you're deeming it a budget build. :o

I get the bezel fixation, I have a gen, its an electric blue SMP and the chrome bezel bothers me. I want to swap a regular blue SMP bezel onto it. I've never seen that before, and I think it would look bad [censored].