When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My “Gen” crown on 6263

seafoam

Ok, so I pulled the trigger on a Spinmaster Daytona a few months ago. The watch looks good and seems to operate ok. I opted for the gen crown on this. Spin was real good and pushing the gen options “if you want the best”. I had some issues with the crown screwing in properly and took it to be investigated. After further review, I have learned that the “gen “crown that came with my watch may be far from it. I have posted a few photos taken by my watchsmith and wanted some expert feedback as he is skeptical about its authenticity. I’m not crapping on Spin here I just want some clarification as I paid a pretty penny for the gen crown option. So, without further ado, here are some photos and am interested in some expert feedback. Thanks

seafoam.

P1080275.jpg

adult image hosting

crownbacksidenocrimpssm.jpg

upload image

crownsm.jpg

adult image hosting

Here is the crown attempting to be screwed on a gen tube to no avail:

crownwillnotthreadtogen.jpg

adult image hosting

And lastly, here is the tube that my watch came with (on bottom, DW stock on top):

tubedwstockontopsm.jpg

upload image

Thoughts?

Edited by seafoam

yea, lack of crimping on the bottom, which would be 100% wrong for the watch whether it's gen or not.

Anyways, the top of the crown looks wobbly in your pic for some reason.

Did you contact Spin about your concern?

He probably builds alot of these and he might have forgotten about the gen crown.

I opted for the gen crown when I ordered mine and it definately is real, yours might be a one time mistake on his part.

Please give him a chance to fix it.

Thanks for the feedback guys and no, I'm not crapping on Spin here at all. Just wanted to get some clarification before i can justify debating this with him as i am no expert. Spin in fact has read this post and has contact me.

That in itself, speaks more than anything else. Hope you can resolve this with Spin. :)

There is nothing wrong with Seafoam checking here first. Sounds like Spin has already reached out to the buyer and it will be fixed. No one should be afraid to ask if what they got is as advertised. He was not saying Spin is untrustworthy. In fact because Spin has an excellent reputation the buyer wanted to be sure his watch smith was right before going back to complain.

There is nothing wrong with Seafoam checking here first. Sounds like Spin has already reached out to the buyer and it will be fixed. No one should be afraid to ask if what they got is as advertised. He was not saying Spin is untrustworthy. In fact because Spin has an excellent reputation the buyer wanted to be sure his watch smith was right before going back to complain.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

+1

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

+1

Thanks again gentleman for the support :thumbsupsmileyanim:. Just an update on this that Spin has agreed (based on reading this post and reviewing the photos) to send me a gen crown and tube (and hopefully a stem). He responded quickly to this post and handled the situation very professionally. Lets just hope i get gen this time :whistling:.... :victory:

• 4 weeks later...