When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got a Macbook Air 11" for my birthday

redwatch

Thanks guys! @plaifender - uhh....no :D This thing is amazing!!!

As for battery life I am currently getting close to 6 hours on a charge. Just simple browsing and such. Nothing too crazy. As for the comparison between this and the iPad. Well, the iPad (especially the new one) is pretty slick. I personally love having a keyboard and this thing only weighs a 1/2 pound more than the iPad2. It's about the same size when folded (maybe a bit thicker in the back end), but the fact that it is a complete, full featured computer is what sells it for me. The fact that I can do everything I can do on it's larger brother (15" i7 Macbook Pro with 8 GB RAM) is very impressive to me. Yes, it is slower, but it sure doesn't feel like it is. Especially when on the internet. It feels snappier on the internet than my Macbook Pro :D

Congrats Red! I love my AIr too! Mine is a little older and a little bigger (1st Gen 13"), but it is great. I can push about 4 hours on a full charge when browsing the internet and the screen dimmed a bit...I don't use it as much as I used to (for couch potato surfing my iPad replaced it), but when I need to do anything serious, I bust out the air...

macbook.jpg

• 9 months later...

I'm jealous! I have a Dell on its last leg (I will NEVER buy another Dell, nothing but problems) and I have an iPad. When my Dell finally kicks it, I think I may do a MacBook Pro... Everyone says Macs are the way to go, maybe I'll see if they are bluffing! laugh.gif

open the lid & turn it on, it just works...no drama. *

full disclosure... I'm employed by the company

open the lid & turn it on, it just works...no drama. *

full disclosure... I'm employed by the company

Agreed. And the customer service is incredible. I bought my parents a white macbook for Christmas in 2006. In the summer last year it started over heating. They took it to the Genius Bar and they fixed it for free!!! Try that with a Dell or HP!!!