When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Destruction of a Fake Daytona

cosmosblau

It seems this chap's brother-in-law visited Thailand and returned with nice Rolex Daytona for him. It would've been a grand gesture indeed, had it been real - but it wasn't. So, this forum member did what any reasonable WIS would do - he smashed the sh*t out of it with a hammer.

:scratch::nono: If my brother in law did that with a watch I'd bought for him, I would kick his ass :aggressive:

EXACTLY! The same so-called WISes who turn their nose at reps will ogle at these wonderful cars and marvel at their closeness of replication and how the makers circumvented obtaining old parts. Double standards indeed!

Personally I find it fascinating from a techical and economics perspective that the Asians are able to turn out such amazing replications for such a small fraction of gen cost.

Now, the Cobra is pretty sweet, but tell me more about this Beck. Looks like a 50's Porsche?

I think the biggest crime is that the post and pictures were as dull as dishwater.

Even a rep lover can appreciate creative destruction. But a hammer? That's the best you can do? :bangin:

There are those two rednecks that take an explosive nail driver to a PAM... That was actually pretty funny, as one of the guys was wearing what appeared ro be a nasty Breitling Navi World rep :)

So does this mean it is OK to take a baseball bat / sledgehammer to:

Beck Spyder REPLICA:

DSC00761.jpg

Cobra REPLICA

large_01.jpg

:bangin: I fscking hate double standards.

Often think the exact same thing when I see stuff like this (the watch destruction not the cars). Double standards indeed.

There are those two rednecks that take an explosive nail driver to a PAM... That was actually pretty funny, as one of the guys was wearing what appeared ro be a nasty Breitling Navi World rep :)

Im not puting down anyone due to there living arrangements. That being said,these gentelmen appear to live In a trailer/mobile home. Not really In a position to critque anyone or anything,just saying. Maybe they need to get there own house In order ;) before they talk [censored].

In my humble opinion people who celebrate destruction of "fake" watches are psychologically unbalanced individuals. Hey, would you go around burning the replicas of Leonardo's masterpiece Mona Lisa,that are for sale in the Louvre's giftshop ???

Replica haters are dangerous people who are not able to see that - functionally - the only difference between a

genuine watch and the copy is the sign value, as intrinsically both are just metal turned into time measuring devices.

rolex005.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1310755543455

Then he realises it was real afterall !