When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NTD opinions

danielv2000

I'm looking for some opinions on NDT dials. (just realized the typo in the title) I've seen their name come up often in vintage builds and am wondering what your overall experience as been.

Thanks

Edited by danielv2000

^^^Nice rail dial, same as the ingod dials?

You know what, I got mixed up. Your correct..the 1665 is an Ingod dial!

Sorry I had forgotten that. The first dial, the 16660 SD is Ndt.

I have got to put a better pearl in the 1665.

It's strange because If you do a search of NDT on VRF or TRF, they claim that all the dials are fakes.

There's a vintage Daytona dial currently listed which is a Paul Newman exotic dial but has the ROC and Daytona on the dial. Was such a dial ever produced?

It's strange because If you do a search of NDT on VRF or TRF, they claim that all the dials are fakes.

They are all fake, whether from NDT (aka Natalie's Passion), Yuki, in god, &c. These dials were entirely created in Asia, including -despite the implications of "refinished"- the Singer-stamped blank. The prices alone should give you a hint. $450 may seem expensive for a Newman dial, but the genuine ought to sell for at least $35,000-50,000.

As for the quality of NDT, it's hard to generalize. As with DW, Yuki, and the others, some of their dials are excellent, while others are overpriced, inaccurate, crap. On the whole, I've found ingod to have the best quality across their range. That said, I've only really looked at their Explorer and Daytona dials.

There's a vintage Daytona dial currently listed which is a Paul Newman exotic dial but has the ROC and Daytona on the dial. Was such a dial ever produced?

If it's a 3-color dial, then you should Google "John Mayer dial". Scratch that--there aren't that many results. Try Googling "3CROC". Executive summary: Debatable, but the majority on VRF considers them recent fakes.

They are all fake, whether from NDT (aka Natalie's Passion), Yuki, in god, &c. These dials were entirely created in Asia, including -despite the implications of "refinished"- the Singer-stamped blank. The prices alone should give you a hint. $450 may seem expensive for a Newman dial, but the genuine ought to sell for at least $35,000-50,000.

As for the quality of NDT, it's hard to generalize. As with DW, Yuki, and the others, some of their dials are excellent, while others are overpriced, inaccurate, crap. On the whole, I've found ingod to have the best quality across their range. That said, I've only really looked at their Explorer and Daytona dials.

If it's a 3-color dial, then you should Google "John Mayer dial". Scratch that--there aren't that many results. Try Googling "3CROC". Executive summary: Debatable, but the majority on VRF considers them recent fakes.

Thanks, LH. I was hoping you would chime in. I spent many nights reading the John Mayer controversy and this "refinished" dial threw me off. It's a fascinating debate, though!

As for the current listing from ND, the Newman dial is listed at 1,500$! Definitely pricey for an Asian dial.

Thanks for clearing that up.

they're all overpriced and inaccurate IMO, except for maybe ingod44. This is why I started taking up pad printing.

Off topic: I just bought a [censored] up genuine DJ dial for $22 ...hehehhe=D

Edited by praetor

InGod dials, while accurate , have very weak print and will rub off easily. You'll have to treat them carefully.

I have seen other sellers, from time to time, offer really accurate dials and you'll have to snap them up on the spot.

Overall quality of dials(printwise) from low to high...IMO...

1. InGod

2. Yuki

3. NDT/Phong/Cartel(yes! Cartel dials have very good print quality)

InGod makes accurate dials, but there are less to choose from, while the others have a pool of dial makers and source different dials on a regular basis.

NDT (Natalie's Passion) has recently been offering up some really good dials.

A couple of more suggestions...keep you eye out on Swissdialco on fleabay, they do redials and ever so often, they will list extra dials. I missed a 5514 re-dial that they did and it was stellar.

Plan your project, then do some research...sometimes patience is the key to a good vintage project...

InGod dials, while accurate , have very weak print and will rub off easily. You'll have to treat them carefully.

I have seen other sellers, from time to time, offer really accurate dials and you'll have to snap them up on the spot.

Overall quality of dials(printwise) from low to high...IMO...

1. InGod

2. Yuki

3. NDT/Phong/Cartel(yes! Cartel dials have very good print quality)

InGod makes accurate dials, but there are less to choose from, while the others have a pool of dial makers and source different dials on a regular basis.

NDT (Natalie's Passion) has recently been offering up some really good dials.

A couple of more suggestions...keep you eye out on Swissdialco on fleabay, they do redials and ever so often, they will list extra dials. I missed a 5514 re-dial that they did and it was stellar.

Plan your project, then do some research...sometimes patience is the key to a good vintage project...

Thanks. Very useful info. The more sources I can verify, the better off I will be.

What do you guys have to say about the varying sizes listed for the dials between the 3 main makers? I am trying to emulate Donerix's poor man's 6542 franken and I'm trying to narrow down which dial is best suited for my needs. We all know how wokky the PureTime case is and how the rehaut needs to be sanded down and a larger dial fitted, so its my thinking that the largest dial would be best.

For just the 6542 dial I'm getting the following measurements:

InGod44 26.5mm

Yuki 27.3mm

NDT 27.8mm

Should dial sizes really be varying that much?

I think this varies. I was showing off my Ingod Rail 1665 to Ubi before I built it, and it fell between the seats of his car. It got lodged between the steel seat rail and center console. After 10 minutes of digging it out, there was not a single scratch on it. We were stunned.

I think this varies. I was showing off my Ingod Rail 1665 to Ubi before I built it, and it fell between the seats of his car. It got lodged between the steel seat rail and center console. After 10 minutes of digging it out, there was not a single scratch on it. We were stunned.

Ditto with my Space-Dweller dial. I didn't put it through that ordeal, but it sure felt "fully baked".

You are fortunate, because all I did was install a Rail 1665 and the the seconds hash marks rubbed off...