When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Officially a man now, WUS thread nuked thanks to me.

Ronin

Well, I guess I am a man now. I managed to post something in a WUS thread, that got me a reprimand and the thread was deleted.

Evidently HELPING members over there my posting a link to a legitimate commercial website is a NO NO, and cuts into their sponsors revenue.

So in short, if you try to save your fellow man money on parts, you are undercutting the AD/Forum Sponsors.

God I love RWG! Long live the "Real Watch Guide" where free speech is still possible.

• Like 1

There's some cool people on WUS and a Full compliment tards.. some members and some mods. I spanked a douchebag overthere who was trying to hijack by posting pics of and rambling on about his watch which was perhaps the ugliest Audmars Piguet i've ever seen. The thread was showcasing some cool vintage 40's, 50's, 60's Seikos which though not the worlds most expensive.. were in fact very interesting watches with very nice designs that were very rare birds.

Mr. Ugly AP just wouldn't let it go.. he was fishing for somebody to pipe up and tell him how awesome his AP was and it wasn't happening so he complimented

his own watch.

I fired off a little " Let's see some more Seiko pics.. they're walking all over that AP" and it really [censored] the small man off. The reason I say small man is that he started visiting my profile and checking on the threads I posted on and posted contrarian views to everything I said for 2 days straight.

That was a mistake .... I decided to put it to an end by calling him out in public. I posted on a thread and he came right in behind me with adverse comments within minutes... So I counter posted...

"Gee Mr. Ugly AP Douche ... I made one comment about your sketchy looking AP while you were trying to hijack and you've panites got so much in a bunch that you've been posting contrarian views to everything I've said for 2 days" ... I then went back in my post history and looked up every instance of his following me around and put the links to it in my post.. I also linked to my original comment about his AP" ... :clap2:

Ooohhh Mannnn !!! it was so funny !!! Guys started laughing at him.. making comments and calling the Mods in on him. it was hillarious !!

I had a Mod reprimand me for calling him a Douche and put me on some sort of probation but I didn't really care.. 100% worth it.

I was banned on TimeZone for posting a watch for sale that was over $5,000.00. I guess they have a separate section for that. ::shrug:: I should have read more clearly, but not even a "hey, buddy, you're new and this is how it works..." Just banned for life. Love it!

I find the place a major conflict of interest. Having AD's and brands as sub-forum sponsors does not contribute to a free and open exchange of information.

For example if AD ABC Jewelers sponsors the Omega forum, why is it a sin to say AD XYZ has something in stock, or send a person looking for Gen Omega parts to Ofrei. (Names/Situation has been changed to protect the innocent guilty).

If you want to spend $$$ for a banner at the top of the forum, fine. But having moderation / censorship control is BS.

Ahh well, the only thing that place is good for is the For Sale sections if shopping GENs.

There's some cool people on WUS and a Full compliment tards.. some members and some mods. I spanked a douchebag overthere who was trying to hijack by posting pics of and rambling on about his watch which was perhaps the ugliest Audmars Piguet i've ever seen. The thread was showcasing some cool vintage 40's, 50's, 60's Seikos which though not the worlds most expensive.. were in fact very interesting watches with very nice designs that were very rare birds.

Mr. Ugly AP just wouldn't let it go.. he was fishing for somebody to pipe up and tell him how awesome his AP was and it wasn't happening so he complimented

his own watch.

I fired off a little " Let's see some more Seiko pics.. they're walking all over that AP" and it really [censored] the small man off. The reason I say small man is that he started visiting my profile and checking on the threads I posted on and posted contrarian views to everything I said for 2 days straight.

That was a mistake .... I decided to put it to an end by calling him out in public. I posted on a thread and he came right in behind me with adverse comments within minutes... So I counter posted...

"Gee Mr. Ugly AP Douche ... I made one comment about your sketchy looking AP while you were trying to hijack and you've panites got so much in a bunch that you've been posting contrarian views to everything I've said for 2 days" ... I then went back in my post history and looked up every instance of his following me around and put the links to it in my post.. I also linked to my original comment about his AP" ... :clap2:

Ooohhh Mannnn !!! it was so funny !!! Guys started laughing at him.. making comments and calling the Mods in on him. it was hillarious !!

I had a Mod reprimand me for calling him a Douche and put me on some sort of probation but I didn't really care.. 100% worth it.

This is one of the first post I have read this this morning...and it has made my day. Anytime I read "spanked the douche" In one sentence...It's going to be a great day...I can feel It In my bones.

I was put on double secret probation at WUS IE. ;)

Another pet peeve with the place is certain brands like DOXA and MKII, etc., make WUS their Official Home.

The problem with that, similar to businesses using FaceBook, is that you have to ACCEPT their shitty terms of service. If you get banned from WUS and one of those brands is your passion, you are fscked to keep up with limited editions, pre-orders, etc. (not that it is hard to get around a ban)

I never understood why companies would do this. They are loosing potential customers.