When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your favorite blue dial replica?

Krister

Hi everybody,

I want to buy a new replica that goes well with a dark grey army uniform and I want one with a blue dial. Preferably one that has a blue color that can go together with a star sapphire. I know it's a special request. Just flow with me :D

I like the Chronomat Evolution. It looks good. I have an Avenger Skyland 1st edition with a deep grey/black dial. It's a big watch and I am looking for something with a case that doesn't stand out so much. The Chronomat Evolution looks too much like the one I have.

The Tudor Snowflake wasn't something I fell for, unfortunately... I'll keep looking and please come with more suggestions :)

The blue Rolex is a great choice, as well as the Breitling. Panerai makes a few blue dialed watches which are my personal favorite.

If you get a blue Rolex sub, the new one with the blue ceramic bezel and blue dial, just remember that you are rocking a $25K+ watch. The gen of that model only comes in solid white gold. The TT version is only about $10K in gen form.

I second the Steelfish or the SMP. Both look great, are tool watches, and the gens are in a believable price range.

Edited by KrisOK

I would second the 7960 Tudor. First off, If you are a young cadet (and I certainly don't know if you are, you could be the Commanding Officer of your country!!). But if you are, I wouldn't wear something too ostentatious. It's going to draw the attention of those above you with possible negative outcomes. The Tudor looks like a Rolex sub,made by Rolex ,uses a Rolex case, but it isn't, it's a Tudor. The second choice would be the Omega Seamaster "Bond". The Tudor if kept in good condition, will likely appreciate in value, or at worst not lose any. The Omega on the other hand will depreciate over time at least to a certain point.

I would second the 7960 Tudor. First off, If you are a young cadet (and I certainly don't know if you are, you could be the Commanding Officer of your country!!). But if you are, I wouldn't wear something too ostentatious. It's going to draw the attention of those above you with possible negative outcomes. The Tudor looks like a Rolex sub,made by Rolex ,uses a Rolex case, but it isn't, it's a Tudor. The second choice would be the Omega Seamaster "Bond". The Tudor if kept in good condition, will likely appreciate in value, or at worst not lose any. The Omega on the other hand will depreciate over time at least to a certain point.

+1 on the advice for a Tudor or Omega Seamaster, but I would make this additional suggestion: Go for a Tudor with fixed lug bars and a NATO strap, as that will stand up to operational use much better than a stainless steel bracelet :)

This is really nice! Looks like a gen, am I right?

It is, but it is not. Old SMP closed factory franken built in origin by FxrAndy. Only middle case, bezel, caseback and crystal are rep.

I'm looking on the bay for a bargain caseback and crystal to complete the puzzle. I don't want to spend much, unless they are bargain. It's almost perfect as it is!

Edited by mrandazzo