When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Old Rwg

Febus

I don't know if any of the old hands have taken a look at RWGI recently but I just did and was dismayed to see what it had turned into.

To be honest I can't see what useful purpose posting this thread really has and was a split second away from deleting it. Then it occurred to me that some of you guys are the only people who'll have any idea what I'm talking about.

RWGI- the zombie corpse of something I once loved resurrected, moving and jerking it's terrible way to decay.............. :wounded1:

When the decision to migrate to this new board was made the idea was not to create a new forum but to give RWG a more stable future at a new address.

As Rico has stated RWG is not a URL or a fancy banner RWG is Ziggy Zumba, Ubi and guy's like Rico and Chronus the Nanuq's, jtb's the Pugwash's and the Edge's, RWG is the people and the people are all here.

Over there they are just trying to pump life into a corpse when they should let her lie to preserve what little dignity she still held.

Ken

Yeah... I reposted some stuff there and tried to take part in some threads (just for the old times' sake) but it's just complete non-watch related crap over there. I decided not to bother anymore.

I miss Demsey though. He's one of the coolest guys in the community. I have absolutely no idea why he doesn't want to register in this place... perhaps he doesn't like someone here? I'm usually totally clueless about the "forum politics" and such... could someone enlighten me? :blink:

Yeah I had a long chat with Dems when he moved, he apparently felt commited to staying at the old place till it died as it was what he promised Blade, his interest level had waned though so when the old RWG bit the dust it must of thrown of his shackles and coupled with the madcap mayhem that went on just before it went down Dems must have found a new interest in the place regardless of it was purely about watches or not.

Basically thats all from memory and I cannot state it's verbatim but yeah I would still like to see him here.

Ken

As Rico has stated RWG is not a URL or a fancy banner RWG is The Zigmeister Zumba, Ubi and guy's like Rico and Chronus the Nanuq's, jtb's the Pugwash's and the Edge's, RWG is the people and the people are all here.

And people like us don't go back there. It smells of old man's wee.

Did not even know that it existed. Suppose I am fortunate to have found this place as I find it to be stimulating, fascinating, informative and a pleasure to visit. The many good minds that contiribute to this site make it as outstanding as it is and I for one am happy to be here. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As Rico has stated RWG is not a URL or a fancy banner RWG is The Zigmeister Zumba, Ubi and guy's like Rico and Chronus the Nanuq's, jtb's the Pugwash's and the Edge's, RWG is the people and the people are all here.

I feel humbled to be mentioned with everyone else here - I'm just the joker in the pack! There are so many that give this place character ... don't forget people like Veni, Kruzer00, finepics, archibald, jonathan, dawidws, even the dealers contribute from time to time: eddielee, narikaa and TTK seem to get stuck in etc. There are so many to name.

I haven't been back on the old RWG in a while... too many windows open and this computer starts screwing up :Jumpy: but I may pop in just as a spectator one of these days... :o

The main problem came from those who refused to see that, ..

what we all had in common, was a love for time, represented

in mechanical form. All else was noise.

Imagine, an unexpected rain storm, running under a temporary shelter, we meet strangers

and smile, forgetting, if only for a moment, that false political programming which keeps us

at odds, we are free to be individuals, sharing a bit of time and space.

You may find however one person in 100, who attired in flags, lost of self, can not help but to

shatter the reality of the moment by shouting slogans, attempting to build news paper

walls of separation, under this little roof, with the rain pelting down outside.....

Well, we left those people behind and moved to another shelter, and there they sit under that

leaking roof, cutting, shooting and spitting at one another, while we are here,

building a full lively community from a simple love of time pieces.

Demsey was one of the few intellectuals with a good heart, if not misguided loyalty,

holding on fast to an illusion of days past, and in essence with those who believe

that you can make a better world, or forum by crossing swords of opposing opinions,

verses growing new bonds from the base of shared commonalities.

Ken, Admin and the Crew, knew this instinctually, thus we have here in solid form, the

promise, the potential, that RWG1 let slip away, like a mirage.

Our Little, Umbrella...

......"Hey, what kind of watch is that you have on ??" ;)

It's quite good tho'...if you want to save money on buying an Athena poster or print.....Johnnyboy has quite an extensive catalogue....must be keep him busy....he is after all quite the peda...peda....pedagog....!

As for Dems.....Dumbs is more like it....but I suppose it allows him to shine...after all there's not a lot of meat on the rotting corpse.....but there's a still a lot of bottom feeders visit the corpse....!

Demsey having loyalty to Blade...and RWG...the definition of anachronistic displacement...:lol:

I'll drink to that!

What's in your tankard Clive..?.....some of the pigswill from RWG...?

Edited by TTK

The main problem came from those who refused to see that, ..

what we all had in common, was a love for time, represented

in mechanical form. All else was noise.

Imagine, an unexpected rain storm, running under a temporary shelter, we meet strangers

and smile, forgetting, if only for a moment, that false political programming which keeps us

at odds, we are free to be individuals, sharing a bit of time and space.

You may find however one person in 100, who attired in flags, lost of self, can not help but to

shatter the reality of the moment by shouting slogans, attempting to build news paper

walls of separation, under this little roof, with the rain pelting down outside.....

Well, we left those people behind and moved to another shelter, and there they sit under that

leaking roof, cutting, shooting and spitting at one another, while we are here,

building a full lively community from a simple love of time pieces.

Demsey was one of the few intellectuals with a good heart, if not misguided loyalty,

holding on fast to an illusion of days past, and in essence with those who believe

that you can make a better world, or forum by crossing swords of opposing opinions,

verses growing new bonds from the base of shared commonalities.

Ken, Admin and the Crew, knew this instinctually, thus we have here in solid form, the

promise, the potential, that RWG1 let slip away, like a mirage.

Our Little, Umbrella...

......"Hey, what kind of watch is that you have on ??" ;)

Yes, I reluctantly have to agree with everything said on this thread about the old RWG. I continued to post there until today because I felt that the more replica watch sites we had the better and I liked their graphics. It was stupid of me, and I won't do it again. With the exception of Demsey, who is apparently a highly intelligent person and a gentleman, and perhaps a few others, there are some real vulgarians over there. I was verbally assaulted in the most adolescent manner conceivable by a cretin going under the name of Johnboy777, apparently because I suggested that the reputable dealer they are promoting over there has some very high prices. Demsey tried to intervene in a calm, witty manner, but I'm afraid that what he is doing is encouraging the morons who seem to dominate the site. In any event, they rarely have more than eight or nine members participating at any time and will hopefully soon shut down.

Edited by warburg