When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5510 superfranken!

fab1973

Just for the pleasure of sharing new pics of this really nice watch bought here on the forum...Enjoy! ;)

spec :

- Genuine rolex 1560 movement which is freshly serviced

- Genuine Rolex Big Crown and Tube!!!

- Genuine Rolex Tropic 19

- Genuine 6538/5510 bezel

- Genuine Rolex bezel insert

- Dial is a redial on a genuine Rolex 6538 dial

- Case set comes from phong (the case set is refinished and has nice beveled edges like the genuine)

sub1-1.jpgsub2-1.jpgsub4.jpgsub7.jpgsub8.jpgsub9.jpgsub10.jpgsub11.jpgsub12.jpgsub13.jpgsub14.jpgsub15.jpgsub18.jpgsub17.jpgsub20.jpgsub21.jpgsub24.jpgsub27.jpgrolw3.jpgrolw1.jpg

• Like 1

from my point of vue i think the bezel is gen, really old but gen, Nick, you're right about the T 19, it make it looks a little bit weird but it's perfectly aligned and centred as it should, anyway thanks a lot for all your comments i appreciate :)

Please don't think we are disparaging your new watch. It's just that it's up there in the stratosphere of builds, being a very rare watch and it's made from exceptionally fine parts. When we point out tiny details, it's because we have a very keen eye that way and we are refining our understanding of how one of these "should" look. I see a couple other things I would change if it was mine, but we're talking about the very finest, most subtle details now.

It's a very nice build, following a unique path. Please look me up if you ever decide to trade it off.

Stunning watch :good::drinks: Given the state of the insert though, I would give the crystal a few minor dings to match ;)

I agree it is a beautiful watch. The only teeny criticism is the insert. You have a watch with a pristine dial,hands, crystal and case, yet the insert looks like it's been through the wars.

Were me, I would try to find a bezel insert that isn't broken, and then install a tritium pearl. It's just me, but i don't particularly like subs,SD's with no pearl, just makes the watch look incomplete. In my case, I would either snag the broken insert on something and rip it off, or it would get full of dust and trash through the hole and freeze up the bezel.

• Like 1

I think I would have gone with steel (as opposed to gilt) hands with white lume (to match the dial lume)

Ahhhhh, don't listen to Freddy, all his taste is in his mouth. :bangin:

If I were King of the Universe I'd smoke the dial to make the plots match the lume on the two main hands, then I'd find a silver (not white) "Big Lollipop" seconds hand.

THEN the planets would align and the angels would sing.

..............for awhile. Then I'd send the dial off to Kirk Rich and have him paint gilt rings around the plots.

..........for awhile. Then I'd work the hands over to make them look slightly corroded. Espresso and a q-tip work great.

........for awhile. Hmmmmmmmmm. Wonder if I can find a gen T-17 crystal? :Jumpy:

Success!! Now the planets are aligned and I hear angels sing.

....................wait. I wonder.....................

See how this works? There is no limit to how perfect you can attempt to go. It's a sickness, I tell you.

A glorious sickness.

• Like 1

no problem i understand :) i will let you know ;)

Please don't think we are disparaging your new watch. It's just that it's up there in the stratosphere of builds, being a very rare watch and it's made from exceptionally fine parts. When we point out tiny details, it's because we have a very keen eye that way and we are refining our understanding of how one of these "should" look. I see a couple other things I would change if it was mine, but we're talking about the very finest, most subtle details now.

It's a very nice build, following a unique path. Please look me up if you ever decide to trade it off.