When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are your thoughts on the Yacht-master II. (gen)

Im think of getting another GEN and ever since I seen the billboard for a YMII in white gold Ive been bitten. I wish they were coming out with the stainless version, white-gold used it is a lot of money....Just wanted to see everyone's opinions.

post-11900-0-69029000-1343149763_thumb.j

Nanuq: funny........That's nuts guys....How can nobody like this watch. :confused: ...No no yachts yet, but hey how many PAM guys dive? How many daytona owner race cars? :unknw:

Id love a stainless steel version with the blue bezel!!!!

post-11900-0-54086600-1343159641_thumb.j

I really admire the engineering amd innovations. Rolex has burst out of it's ultra conservative shell in a big way. I suppose they had to keep up with the other high end watch companies who keep releasing watches that are more and more bizarre every year.

Personally, I thought the previous Yachtmaster was too blingy for me. Now if I had a 44 foot Swan sitting in my slip at the local Yacht club, and iwas into offshore racing, sure I t would be a great watch, but on the other hand boats like that have all sorts of sophisticated electronics to give you your position relative to the start line, as well as a countdown timer to let you know to the second your remaining time, so in actuality, a watch like this would probably be arm candy. I don't have a offshore racing sailboat, so I would look silly wearing one of these.

Do you have a yacht? Do you participate in yacht racing? If so, the watch is practically made for your needs and you can easily forgive its visual shortcomings since it's just so useful.

As a watch, though, it's as ugly as the inside of a hotdog.

Still no excuse to sport this red-haired stepchild when tasteful understated yachtie innovation can be had elsewhere for less than a grand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSRzBmMZ9Uw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fuglly

Regular gents yacht master rolesium outclasses it in every way possible