When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i think i scored in this insert - need your experties

jmv831

so i was just browsing fleabay for a submariner while at work I stumbled upon a submariner insert. been watching it for 3days and no bids. lookin at the pics it was a lil blurry but oh well i decided on the last 30 seconds to place a bid and i won ( for a very cheap price ) im like ok for this price i have few bucks to loose but its ok. upon check out i sent a message to the seller asking "oh by the way is this insert genuine rolex?" when he sent me the tracking number he replies "yes its a genuine Rolex insert from my submariner". Im like no eFFen way! so the package comes in today. on my mind i think the seller was just pulling my leg. it was well packed and came in a case and a Rolex envelope. so i started to get a lil excited and im like F this! if this is a Gen Insert for the amount i paid i Scored. the insert was a lil dusty front and back. i cleaned it and Look and behold!

Before Cleaning and actual auction pics

screenshot20121121at115.png

After Cleaning the Insert

imageyam.jpg

imageqns.jpg

Im no expert and Im just a newbie but looking at this pictures and actual comparison to the Clark insert that i have. i think this is a Genuine Sub Insert. The pearl is in great condition. What do you guys think?

ill bring it to my local Rolex Dealer and ask the watchsmith to authenticate. but IMHO its a gen. ive looked around online for pics and even on fleabay where they have a few used ones for sale the close up pics looks the same as gen. ive also compared it to my clarks insert. do they really go upto 200 bucks used? all i need now is a TC Type II Sub to complete it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...