When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Honor amongst thieves, rep community at work!

Mike on a bike

Well here is a good one. :partytime:  Opened my priority package today like a kid at Christmas. :Jumpy:  Well it took some time to find the prize never seen so much bubble wrap fit into a box! :clap3:  ( and I thought I packed well) Now what do I find this http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/156193-pam-326-titanium-daylight-as-new/ now mind you I was expecting a Rolex that I bought for quite a bit less, Hmm perplexed :confused: . Contact EMM and advise, there was a mix up it seems member tridad at RG was expecting this one and should have mine. :sweatdrop:  Bounce over contact, watch is with him :clap2:  exchange info. Both will be on the way to there new homes priority courtesy of the seller. (who promptly PPed me 10 bucks to ship) :notworthy:

Now this can happen and EMM was more than apologetic, and is a top shelf gentlemen. :1a:  I post to show the way it should be done no theatrics no drama just fix it. So here is a group of guys dealing in counterfeit goods flawlessly fixing a mischance. Honor amongst thieves!

PS Have only one one problem with this event that f**ken Pam is gorgeous now I must get one!! :bangin:

• Like 4

Bloody hell Mike good on ya   :notworthy:  not that I would have thought you would do any different than you have, Mike's a top shelf guy   :clap2:   So this is how the Pam addiction starts mate......................... :partytime: 

Glad to hear it's worked out for all concerned, scotch all round I reckon :drinks:     

• Like 2

Well as you all know I have posted a thread or two in regard to scamers :nono:  in our open thread , rules and such. :rtfm:  In the interest of balance I put this hopefully entertaining topic up. :blush:  Thanks for the kind works :notworthy:  now that I am suckered into buying yet another one! :frusty:  At least I have a few hours till post office opens :cry2:!

• Like 2

Hear, hear. Well done to all concerned. :notworthy:  I remember reading a lttle while ago, that somebody shouldn't be judged by how many flawless transactions they make, but rather how they deal with problems when they arise. Honour indeed. :clap2: But damn, that PAM is a beautiful piece. I must have one, just gotta get it past the missus :nono:  

• Like 1

Mike, Now don't you let those PAM guys lead you down that primrose path to their den of iniquity!! ;)  I know, I tasted that elixir and heard the sirens song, but after a while, the Coronet kept sending out signals,and finally I was able to escape!! :help:

panerai I have three Pam's now but this tops them all. :crazy:  All in all a well balanced collection a few of everything I have some I can never where as to small on me (no not the bracelets the watches) But they are so beautiful I bought them anyway. :bangin:

simon being generous is easy most of the time grace under pressure is the mark, agreed. :notworthy:

I believe that you guys did a super job of sorting out the problem. actually made something that could have gotten into a big hash up and made it really simple, "send me the owners address, I'll send it right out to him, he can do the same for me". Was proper that the seller sent you a few bucks to handle the shipping, as it really wasn't your fault that the watch(s) went to the wrong place.

I have always had a horror of doing just that. Couple of times I sold several watches at one time, and I obsessed about making sure the right one got in the right box and it was addressed to the right buyer. It certanly could happen, and you guys worked it out just great

• Like 1

Actually pan153 my line went "Ok let me know, I will PM him get it done. Better than you playing middle man with info." Left out one detail tridad had the strap for the pam EMM wrapped so well (head watch separately) in bubble that he could not tell the difference :g:  ,I see that as a plus for a seller I deal with. :notworthy:

Well, I guess it is my turn to chime in, and please don't hate me, I have a few Coronets myself, but I do like Pams as well.

First of all, EMM is a gentleman, whom I've known through these forums for quite some time, and when this happened, I wasn't worry about it, yes, I must admit, I wanted to slap that awesome strap on the Pam, but hey, to my surprise, it was a great looking Submariner that I had just gotten. Without me even sending a PM to EMM, I already had two PM's, one from Mike, and one from EMM. I think what happened is, EMM, when he sold me the watch on RG, he replied "sold to the man on the bike". It just so happens that my avatar is me on a bike while doing a triathlon, and of course, the other watch was sold to someone whose forum name happens to be "Mike on a bike", see? It could've happened to anybody.

We worked it out like the way things like this should be worked out, and everybody is happy.

Nice community we have around here.

Enjoy your watches y'all!!

• Like 3

Well, so much for keeping this embarassing episode private. ;)

Seriously, both of you guys were fantastic about this. I really appreciate it. It clearly wasn't my best day, and things could have (and with some people, certainly would have) gotten ugly. But neither of you even acted like it was a big deal. I only hope that I would have acted the same in your shoes.

I hope you actually like the watches you're supposed to receive. :)

Let it be known that when you deal with me there's at least an even chance you'll get what you are supposed to!

• Like 1