When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6900 USD for an empty watch box!

Olivax

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I just emailed him, made him a offer! I want this one, but i will onely pay max 25$!

I hope i make him laugh, i hope he laughs hard and [censored] in his pants :D

Q&A at bottom of listing..

Q:  Hello, I have a interest in your box but not at almost ten thousand dollars!!! I hope you made a mistake in pricing it??? Thanks Mar-14-13

A:  hi , no mistake with the price. several leading collectors were consulted as was an auction house with experience in high end watches. there does seem to be a significant spread of what this peice is valued at - but with anything of this nature desirability and obtainability are paramount considerations when assessing its value. There is no shortage of interested buyers - I have had several serious offers since letting the "community" know it is for sale. without giving anything away - those offers have all been in the thousands. unfortunately with this type of item - it also brings outs the morons that think they can buy it for a few hundred dollars. I look forward to receiving your offer.

Edited by SSTEEL

what really grabs me is that the case is listed as Vintage 1971 to 1983

I have a couple of problems with this

1. When you do get the extremely rare item that is worth a fortune it is a one off year, like the 1930 penny and it's value is due to the lack of availability. No way can you give a 12 year spread like that.

2. I would have thought Vintage was pre 70's?

Ken

I must say one of the rarest things out there is a tudor watch box for 70 model monte carlo. However, $4950.00, (he lowered the price) is about $4800.00 to high. I like the reference he made to using it for a paper clip holder. LMAO!!