When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tuesday Wrist Check July 23rd

B3nj4min3

I put this little beauty together a few weeks ago and for those who know, Labrador was patented in 1885 and this particular movement became the forerunner to Omega the brand shortly after this date.

So this might just be the oldest and largest watch worn on the Forum today as its over 120 years old and a tad over 50mm!

AJ

post-48021-0-15032800-1374591393_thumb.j

post-48021-0-47191100-1374591442_thumb.j

• Like 1

I put this little beauty together a few weeks ago and for those who know, Labrador was patented in 1885 and this particular movement became the forerunner to Omega the brand shortly after this date.

So this might just be the oldest and largest watch worn on the Forum today as its over 120 years old and a tad over 50mm!

AJ

Wow!! What an absolute stunner! :drool: And with providence like that, I would be scared to wear it in case my clumsy self bumped into a wall/doorframe (which I regularly do).

Excellent work there on the build my friend  :notworthy:  It's very nice indeed.

AJ

Its so damn great looking :1a:

Also a Breitling for me today. Transocean it is!

foto9tt.jpg

It must be the best looking Breit ever. The mesh is perfect for it.

Thanks Guys for your comments.

I am building another similar watch currently with a repeater movement and two others with 100 year old Glasshute movements, one with a single diamond in the hands!

I have worn the Labrador all day today and it has kept time to within a minute all day and is admired everywhere especially when someone asks about it only to be shown the movement and told the history! If anyone fancies a true piece of horology history it's yours for $750!

Regards

AJ