When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a special build, as per our votes, I would hope it would have genuine Tritec Super Luminova, and real AR coat so we wouldn't have to send it out for relume service. I'd be happy to pay for the little extra it would cost.

OK, my first vote would be for the GP Seahawk, great call Neil!

I would be worried about them doing the bezel right though :g:

158811-12848.jpg

Second vote goes to the IWC Aquatimer:

158811-12849.jpg

Agreed, but in titanium... how good would that be ? :group:

Both are good, but we don't really see good GP reps... !

We have IWCs, Omegas, RlX's, etc etc... go for something different yet still lovely... go for the GP Seahawk :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OK so no onew wants a 1-1 rep of a Railmaster XL, im off to sulk in the corner, But! before i do i will make a final 2 votes, a first and second choice of what has come up tonight.

1. Sea Hawk

2. Seamaster 300

@ Richard if this comes off would it be possible that we could coment on the samples and recify any faults before we go to press so to speak therfore every one being happy with 1st Generation not like the PO. Also as this would be a limited piece better QC, i am sure that people will pay the extra for that on such a piece.

Call me a pessimist but having read through 6 pages...

No clear consensus = limited appeal = relatively low sales = reduced ROI for dealer/make = unlikely to get off drawing board = IMO

For Silix to do this, it must be a model that will be a guaranteed blockbuster in sales terms, otherwise why bother? A labour of love? Much as I like J&A, I doubt they are so altruistic and who could blame them. As I said in my earlier post, choosing a bespoke watch using such a large focus group is by nature going to be nigh on impossible to achieve. Even now there are cliques forming, the Seahawk fans, the die-hard vintage Rollies, the vintage Omega 300s, the Freaks etc but when all said and done, we all have our own particular tastes and desires, horses for courses as the French say ^_^ .

Hate to bring it up again even in jest, but the last time something similar (the aforementioned Railmaster 'Limited Edition' ) was tried even using an existing case and a largely agreed-upon and popular choice, it ended up an unmitigated disaster, the flaws the timescale, the nitpicking and finally the recriminations. Sorry but rather than this idea get me excited, my thoughts can best be summed up thus...

:brow:

I vote for the Kairos below. Simple, elegant and based on a 2892 a2. Plus if we could actually get it with a genuine guilloche dial, oh baby! Second choice would have to be one of the IWC watches presented.

158916-12821.jpg

Chronoswiss Kairos is available by silix :bleh:

this is the one!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this!

158916-12822.jpg

...............and yes, I did see the avaialbe movements....but this thing is could and should be made!

this watch comes in next days... on all dealers... what is the problem on this watch? Please be patient...

Minerva 140th

custom job is probably the only way one of these bad boys will get produced.

I think you could do it with a unitas/eta

what is the probelm on this watch? If you like it, i will build it for you

we need a more spectacular watch

hey friends

is this thread a joke?

why post you IMPOSSIBLE watches?

you will build a GRANDE COMPLICATION on replica factorys??? :bangin:

please be realistic

i think TTK (Neil) advice is the best

SeaHawk

1. big watch (we love big watches)

2. different case (polish steel or titanium)

3. different style dials

4. different straps and bracelet

many designs for all tastes

problem is the power reserve indicator... :g:

Hear hear. Unfortunately, that'll put the kaibosh on that SeaHawk.

Still, there are plenty of options that use the movements listed, and I'm sure we'll have more than enough to not reach a concensus. :D

Is the Seahawk crown at 4 oclock a problem that is insurmountable with these movements????

This is probably a boring (although achievable) option when so many less common choices are being offered -- a really good rep of the white dial Seamaster. People who have seen this watch at their AD know that the picture doesn't do the textured white on white dial justice. And the lume is white, not the puky green that reps of this watch are plagued with.

158933-12814.jpg

And please, no more Rolexes.

Simple tastes for simple folks......it's a lot like drivers who can't see beyond the hood of their car.....!

$1000 Seamasters / Glycines / Fortis and SEIKO......I'm dismayed at the lack of imagination exhibited......and the bad taste bears that inhabit this board.....!