When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll--closed

Richard Tracy

Which watch would you buy ?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Divers Watches

• Divers Watch - Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    • Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk
    • Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer
    • Divers Watch - Chopard
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel
    • Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Lange
    • Dress and Other Mentions - Zenith

@Tourbi....I'm not worried....if it doesn't get made...or if the quality isn't up to par....I'll be buying genuine...!

If everybody seems intent on a chrono....here's one that I think should be up for consideration )...!

161026-12243.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Chronos

"Using the PAM028 as an example (one that I have)... the arrow faces up and goes from left to right" - The stem or whatever its called where the hand attaches turns CLOCKWISE

"Now on the GP Seahawk, the arrow faces down and goes from right to left" - The stem turns ANTI-CLOCKWISE

This is what im saying using the ETA 2982 with Soprod cant work.

If you just place the arrow differently compared to the PAM 28 the arrow will move from left to right, left being zero power and far right being full power - oppposite from the Seahawk.

does this make sense???

I also want to see the GP Seahawk being made but i would like it to be a simple task for Jay and the manufacturers to make.

Also ive just done a quick bit of searching on google and found that the GP movement is an in-house movement GP33RO and so maybe different from the ETA 2892 with soprod PR module.

TTK do you have anything to say about this as you seem to know a lot about this watch - Nice comments please.......

@ Chronos

"Using the PAM028 as an example (one that I have)... the arrow faces up and goes from left to right" - The stem or whatever its called where the hand attaches turns CLOCKWISE

"Now on the GP Seahawk, the arrow faces down and goes from right to left" - The stem turns ANTI-CLOCKWISE

This is what im saying using the ETA 2982 with Soprod cant work.

If you just place the arrow differently compared to the PAM 28 the arrow will move from left to right, left being zero power and far right being full power - oppposite from the Seahawk.

does this make sense???

Ah yes, guess I was just excited about the Seahawk and didn't realise it was also right to left (increasing power reserve). :bangin:

I'd be interested to see how the module works, but I don't think it should be a big deal to reverse the direction it goes in - perhaps it is optional on the module?

I'll think about it, but I'm sure it's an obvious thing to correct.

I know it is maybe a little to late to suggest I a new option , But I am just wondering how did we miss this one :g: !

It is very easy to replicate , meets the movement restrictions , not too dressy , not to sporty , 42mm so not too big , and it well known brand ,

and it is a perfect alternative for those of us who thinks that an F.A Johns is not credible or to flashy

Bitty we have missed it :(

is there a chance to get it replecated ?? :bounce:

What do think

cheers

It seems that the GP seahawk is winning the battle.

Well I am happy with it since my 3 favorites were the GP seahawk, Ebel and Breguet.

@Richard Tracy

Rich , some questions (... dont know, ....may a bit to early to answer these) which I feel that are important:

- Will Jay have to approve the winner piece ??

- If yes and the winner is rejected by Jay , then what , new poll or second winner ??

- Will we see a protype of the the final piece to be replicated before we place any order ???

- How long (aprox no of weeks or months) before the final product is released ??

Most propably you have not the answers to these questions but if others also feel that these are important questions, maybe you can ask Jay.

Thanks

AMK000

According to the numbers,.. something is wrong.

Either we have not chosen the correct watches, or not many people are interested

in selecting a watch to replicate.

As of now we don't have the numbers to justify a submission to Jay for investment.

I would like some ideas.....so please, chime in... :g:

how many do you need?

We need numbers enough to demonstrate a high interest to justify a sizable investment

by one individual, into manufacturing a whole line of replicas.

I have seen better numbers in a group buy ....

{which by the way, this is Not. Your vote does Not obligate you to purchase }

121 total votes out of eight watches are sleepy numbers...

This is a fantastic opportunity that has never been in play before,..

Before this, manufacturers simply decided what we wanted for us,

as well as the flaws that we would just have to live with.

Well, Now We have a chance to develop a solid relationship a Premier

Dealer and Manufacturer...

Think about it....

If we can do this right... we will have the power, not only to

click and produce any watch we want, but we can also have the flaws

that we all hate on the current releases fixed...

So everyone, drink the stimulant of your choice and wade in here...

we need Full Participation, not only in ideas, but in helping to locate photos,

post and answer questions....

... please no Titanium. If we're gonna produce a custom tool rock, let's give it the requisite weight. Even in genuines, Titanium feels cheap and unsubstantial.

Sorry, I can't agree. Ti would be nice. The Ti Avenger chronographs and all Ti pannies do have the right weight and feel. Steel feels more cold but Ti very smoooooth :wub: And: We see tons of steel reps... a bit boring, isn't it?

Anyway: I voted for GP seahawk (praying for a Ti version :pray::lol: )

..... thinking , thinking ...... :g:

BTW: I believe that we are doing a mistake not to add an ORIS (eg: TT1 Divers) , but I guess is a bit late now.

..... thinking , thinking ...... :g:

Come on, buy a gen!

There are so many watches to replicate... shouldn't we focus on $2000+ watches?

We need numbers enough to demonstrate a high interest to justify a sizable investment

by one individual, into manufacturing a whole line of replicas.

I have seen better numbers in a group buy ....

{which by the way, this is Not. Your vote does Not obligate you to purchase }

121 total votes out of eight watches are sleepy numbers...

This is a fantastic opportunity that has never been in play before,..

Before this, manufacturers simply decided what we wanted for us,

as well as the flaws that we would just have to live with.

Well, Now We have a chance to develop a solid relationship a Premier

Dealer and Manufacturer...

Think about it....

If we can do this right... we will have the power, not only to

click and produce any watch we want, but we can also have the flaws

that we all hate on the current releases fixed...

So everyone, drink the stimulant of your choice and wade in here...

we need Full Participation, not only in ideas, but in helping to locate photos,

post and answer questions....

I agree with you Richard. Its an unique & exciting opportunity.

But from my perspective, your topic has been very successful and the SeaHawk is getting a lot of attention (already 42 votes). Even though numbers are sleepy, should we consider they'll reflect the potential of the watch? If it is marketed correctly, I believe it will (as well as the Blancpain, the Aquatimer and the Chopard) sell well, very well...

And also, I find tons of reps,which are... well, I'm just wondering who the hell would be interested.

So really, there is a real potential in repping the SeaHawk, even in the Blancpain which received only 5 votes. Because if I were allowed to vote several times, I would have voted for all 4 divers. And I will definitely purchase them, if quality is good (ETA, close to gen) and price moderate (under $300).

So... Will Jay agree on a deal?

I agree with you Richard. Its an unique & exciting opportunity.

But from my perspective, your topic has been very successful and the SeaHawk is getting a lot of attention (already 42 votes). Even though numbers are sleepy, should we consider they'll reflect the potential of the watch? If it is marketed correctly, I believe it will (as well as the Blancpain, the Aquatimer and the Chopard) sell well, very well...

And also, I find tons of reps,which are... well, I'm just wondering who the hell would be interested.

So really, there is a real potential in repping the SeaHawk, even in the Blancpain which received only 5 votes. Because if I were allowed to vote several times, I would have voted for all 4 divers. And I will definitely purchase them, if quality is good (ETA, close to gen) and price moderate (under $300).

So... Will Jay agree on a deal?

Thanks for the input,.. I also agree that any watch with a value less than $3000 is not worth considering...

As for the ability to vote on more than one... does anyone know if the board software will permit it ?

Personally I don't see the Seal Hawk becoming a huge seller,.. the thickness at 20mm automatically

cuts too many people from the possibliity of ownership... it's too overbearing for many to handle.

Thanks for the input,.. I also agree that any watch with a value less than $3000 is not worth considering...

As for the ability to vote on more than one... does anyone know if the board software will permit it ?

Personally I don't see the Seal Hawk becoming a huge seller,.. the thickness at 20mm automatically

cuts too many people from the possibliity of ownership... it's too overbearing for many to handle.

I haven't tried it yet - but this site says they have multiple answer polls

http://www.easy-poll.com/

@RT can I suggest that when you decide to close this poll you promote that one of these two watches will be reproduced 1:1 and the set up another Poll with just these two watches.

That way you will not only get a better idea of which watch to go for but you will also generate interest in the project again as the lenght of the associated threads has made the project a little jaded.

Ken

There are plenty of pam wearers what would put the majority off wearing a seahawk but not a pam, i think it would be OK.