When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The end of Bergies?

KB

Let me start by saying this is not a pleading post, simply a statement of fact, in the end Bergies is a dealership and each must sink or swim like any normal business.

The issue is that after 8 years of stellar service and building the business until it paid a regular income I was forced into a position (PP dispute) where I could only accept WU.

The impact was immediate, I went from up to 14hr work days to almost zero, customers simply would not buy without the protection offered by PP.

I tried discounting the WU fee and I tried a 15% discount sale but the interest was not there.

Well after a very long haul I finally managed to set up a new PP account but despite having one for a while now the customers have just not come back.

I have never aimed to make a lot of money from this and in fact, when running normally, my income was in line with minimum wage earnings in my country.

I now make that much not weekly but every 3 to 4 weeks, at this very moment I have not had a new order in the past 5 days.

Like I said this is not a pleading post but if you want an order from Bergies now is the time to consider it before I am forced to close shop.

Ken 

Let me start by saying this is not a pleading post, simply a statement of fact, in the end Bergies is a dealership and each must sink or swim like any normal business.

The issue is that after 8 years of stellar service and building the business until it paid a regular income I was forced into a position (PP dispute) where I could only accept WU.

The impact was immediate, I went from up to 14hr work days to almost zero, customers simply would not buy without the protection offered by PP.

I tried discounting the WU fee and I tried a 15% discount sale but the interest was not there.

Well after a very long haul I finally managed to set up a new PP account but despite having one for a while now the customers have just not come back.

I have never aimed to make a lot of money from this and in fact, when running normally, my income was in line with minimum wage earnings in my country.

I now make that much not weekly but every 3 to 4 weeks, at this very moment I have not had a new order in the past 5 days.

Like I said this is not a pleading post but if you want an order from Bergies now is the time to consider it before I am forced to close shop.

Ken 

Bloody Hell Mate

Sorry to hear your news

Cheers M

Thanks again everyone [...]

Ken

Ken, just an idea: if your customs aren't only from forums like this (you shouldn't had a lot of problems if so), why don't you just try to change web site graphic and/or name, adverting that in the forum you participate and become a new entry able to catch new people?

I currently think that your problems are not only related to payment methods anyway: here in Eu the crisis is strong (except maybe Germany, that will go into ruins too if they will not stop to press to starvation all the others): Italy was one of the "big seven" and now, because of corruption (at any level), contingency, growing power of countries like yours and lower job cost abroad we are in troubles. 

Let's say that if during the sixties we were surfing over gold lakes, in the eighties we thought we were rich and all was achievable, in the 1st decade of 2000 we went down on the knees in that lake that from gold became sh_t, and now we are diving (with no oxygen tank) into that sh_t.

Therefore more and more people spare their money because one day you have a job and the day later you're at home (and you'll stay there for 1, 2 years because simply there is NO job at all).

Not to add that here there is a lot of diffidence for "Made in china": Italy is very famous for quality and design (food/wine/clothes/leather) and we have strict laws checking that. We quite often hear about toxic pigments used into clothes coming from the "far east", and that's for legal productions. You may imagine what are the thoughts about counterfeited products...

Said that, again I hope you to get better and can move out of this moment :-)

Ciao,

GenTLe

@Gen TLe the problem is that PP stores all details now including URLs

This means changing the site name will make no difference, it also means neither I nor my sales rep can hold another PP account, to get one we actually need to get someone else to set it up.

Ken

I have heard that there are people / groups out there that can supply a pre-set up PayPal account, or even a PP and associated bank account.

Maybe worth while investigating these? (I've no idea how legit they are)

never underestimate the word of mouth power if every member of all the replica forums your listed tells ten new people that then get the ken experience and tell all there friends I'm sure you would be back in business  sooner rather than later