When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's play "Who's dumb enough?"

508-Fanatic

Nice,

Here you go a $12K SS bracelet that is not attached to a watch from a seller with a feedback score of 97.8%.  Well I guess I could make an offer.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ROLEX-PAT-PENDING-9315-BRACELET-YEAR-1-67-/161487576359?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item259968dd27

Jigelow, wow that is one horrid rep, I don't even want to use the word rep as its insulting to the quality we have now.

Droptopman - love the bracelet, the funny thing about really crazy rolex guys is that everything must be 110% original, so nobody would pay $12k to stick a bracelet on a watch that is a serious collector, outside of a franken guy who would never pay that, it leaves but one insane person to buy it as a "collectible item."

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to take offense and demand that anything my ex claimed could never be trusted, but decided to google "shrinky dink" first.  :whistling:

They have such a think for inkjet printers, shrinks in the oven. I don't know how you get the right size with little control of the shrinkage. 

Fantastic! On a similar vein, I always wondered if you could make a Daytona or GMT bezel out of a Shrinky Dink...

(Children of the 70s and 80s will understand that!)

Wasn't there a discussion about that when the ceramic bezels came out?

;^p

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad no one saved a pic for posterity... Already gone.

It had a white dial, basically dot matrix Rolex printing, "serti" indices, one of which fell off, and a display case back showing a Miyota movement with "Rolex scrawled on the rotor. He didn't have box and papers with it, but he guaranteed it was 100% genuine Rolex.

I, for one, had it yanked. Some neophyte was about to drop $700+ on that garbage.

The seller played dumb, saying he wasn't an expert, just getting rid of old things. When I tried to press him as to what, with the power of Google, would lead him to say it was 100% authentic he was gone...

I, for one, had it yanked. Some neophyte was about to drop $700+ on that garbage.

The seller played dumb, saying he wasn't an expert, just getting rid of old things. When I tried to press him as to what, with the power of Google, would lead him to say it was 100% authentic he was gone...

Its the right thing. I didn't look to see how much longer the listing was.

• 3 weeks later...