When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchbox In The making SKETCH UPDATE ! More pictures !

Ezio

So been In The Hunt for a box for my watches and decided to build my own im a old carpenter / joint maker if i am not wrong In english

And this is The rough making so far used The wood of a old tree which didnt survive our last storm

Still needs some details and surface done with some lacquer

Oh and The hinges is from a old box from a Wine box talk about recycling haha :D

And getting a laser printed rolex logo on The top thanks to bombers new machine :D

NEW UPDATE

Now that im home and there was interest i Will Update it thanks for all The pm's and Nice words here

Have been asked if i Will do personal requests to build Them a watchbox but i Will have to say no at this time just became a CEO so dont have The time

So !

To The watch box

I finally decided how i wanna make The layout

And this is The paper sketch plan is The vertical ones Will get sunken Into The middle piece

And they Will be twotone have not decided yet which is gonna be The Dark probably The middle one

Also you Can see that i changed my mind on The rolex logo from a Big one In The middle to now have it In The right corner Like The old rolex boxes Think its a Nice touch

Let me know what you Think guys

And if you have a great idea shoot this is just a fun project to kill time

post-61085-0-02779100-1422423020_thumb.j

post-61085-0-82862300-1422423031_thumb.j

post-61085-0-70727400-1422423045_thumb.j

post-61085-0-44702100-1422423061_thumb.j

post-61085-0-02561400-1422968315_thumb.j

post-61085-0-24894500-1422968327_thumb.j

post-61085-0-43674500-1422968367_thumb.j

Allright guys Any chance there is a kind soul out there with a cnc machine which for a fee ofcourse could make me a stencil of a rolex logo bombers machine is gonna take some time if Any one can help send me a pm please

Thanks for the kind words :D

Update since i have to travel to germany work relaxed this is on pause sadly but Will Update again when i start The project again

Till Then be good guys haha ^^

Ezio, that is really some nice work. Like a piece of art to hold pieces or art.... I saw a guy who made some out of cigar boxes which I thought was a nice use of resources.  I smoke a lot of cigars and have a ton of boxes in the garage, but I am not much of a handy man.  Your post has inspired me to give it a go.  I think this weekend I will get one going.    

Allright guys Any chance there is a kind soul out there with a cnc machine which for a fee ofcourse could make me a stencil of a rolex logo bombers machine is gonna take some time if Any one can help send me a pm please

Thanks for the kind words :D

I would buy a 6"x6" sheet of 30 gauge (.25mm) Argentium or LG422 Silver and do an inlay of the ROLEX Coronet by hand.

You definitely have the talent for it.

• 11 months later...

New Update as i completely forgot about This Thread but a kind guy pm'ed me about This and asked whatever happened to it 

and decided to show some Quick pics rough i know ;) 

never did The logo and decided just to keep The middle plank As my only divider 

Because my lack of time 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well done mate! Im a caprenter myself and i can see that you know what you are doing. Actually i have a thought in the back of my head to build myself a watchbox but the lack of time is always a fact. But one day i will build one. Im thinking something like a aged pirates trasure chest in walnut or teak wood combined with ash wood that holds 6 watches.