When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SCAMMER IN OUR MIDST

Nanuq

Gentlemen, a new member registered today as "elwayne" and sent many phishing messages with apparent links to topics here with offers to buy watches.

Following his links they go to 66ghz.com and gather username/password combinations.

Some people use the same password everywhere. If you went to his link and provided credentials I STRONGLY SUGGEST you login everywhere you do financial dealings, RIGHT NOW, and change your passwords.

It just has the stink of a very clever scam all over it. Be careful, people.

• Like 3

We must kill these cretin bastardo's till they are dead then laugh over their mutilated corpses.

uh, is that to harsh?

What? I don't want to change anything. Knowing you are kidding is reassuringly bizzare.

may many swans invade your Saturday bar b que

ok fine then

Banned now but change your stuff guys, I use a different password every place. Yes every acct everywhere and keep a hand written list not in a file on my computer.

Guys I know this sounds like a PIA but individual pass words are you best defense these days.

Edited by Mike on a bike

At work a blonde coworker was having trouble entering her password without making mistakes.  I offered to help and watched her type a crazy long string of letters as the password.  Of course she made mistakes, backspaced, tried again, and it kept failing.  Finally I asked what she was doing using as her password?  So she typed out:

"BashfulDocDopeyGrumpyHappySleepySneezyForrestGumpTallahassee"

Almost hating to hear her reply, I asked why she chose that password?  She said someone told her the rule is "7 characters, a special character and a capital".

:bangin:

• Like 3