When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay Bronze & Heritage upgrade

jackflash

Leaked info before launch:

32fb6904418288e86e9f72160a506c8e.jpg

Specs apparently as follows:

43mm aluminium-bronze alloy case. If accurate, that's 2mm larger than the current BB, 1mm larger than the Pelagos

MT5601 Tudor proprietary movement with 70 hour power reserve, silicon hairspring, COSC. (Pelagos has the MT5612, with date)

Explorer type dial, shield logo rather than the rose

• Like 1

"Aluminium bronzes are most valued for their higher strength and corrosion resistance as compared to other bronze alloys. These alloys are tarnish-resistant and show low rates of corrosion in atmospheric conditions, low oxidation rates at high temperatures, and low reactivity with sulfurous compounds and other exhaust products of combustion. They are also resistant to corrosion in sea water. Aluminium bronzes' resistance to corrosion results from the aluminium in the alloys, which reacts with atmospheric oxygen to form a thin, tough surface layer of alumina (aluminium oxide) which acts as a barrier to corrosion of the copper-rich alloy. The addition of tin can improve corrosion resistance."

That's a nice one. I will buy it in a flash if there will be a decent rep. I would even think about going gen maybe. But I suppose it will have a totally different price tag than the other quite affordable Heritage models. I'd expect something crazy.

28 minutes ago, gasebah said:

That's a nice one. I will buy it in a flash if there will be a decent rep. I would even think about going gen maybe. But I suppose it will have a totally different price tag than the other quite affordable Heritage models. I'd expect something crazy.

And me also, if it was priced close to the others I might go for it but like you I doubt it.

I have an idea for everyone who wants to buy this watch but like me not going to spend 3k on it................ now it will cost you 40 USDs and you have a 1 in 40 chance of getting it...................Hmm MOAB going crazy no buy a chance at our RWG raffle if you win sell all the watches buy the Tudor!!;)

• Like 2

I can take it or leave it at the moment. Bronze watches have never appealed to me and what is it about patina? Why have an expensive precision timepiece which looks old and 'rusty'?

And here is the new Bronze on the Tudor website:
http://www.tudorwatch.com/magazine/article/baselworld-2016-black-bay-bronze

... this has taken my eye, a Heritage upgrade. Still 41mm, now with a COSC in-house movement, rivet bracelet and shield logo:
http://www.tudorwatch.com/magazine/article/baselworld-2016-heritage-black-bay

3d961bd7f0aa8d7865f1be4b44fe0af6.jpg

d5f52c01f56ffefe3bd5bde85e1063cb.jpg

...also a PVD Black Bay Dark version too:

a6011a2d787b9af2f9831ba293899180.jpg

While I can appreciate you guys enthusiasm, for some reason the snowflake hands just never generated any real positive vibes with me. I had a genuine 94011 Blue dial snowflake, and i liked it OK, but never really loved it. Sort of like these, I like them but not enough to go out and buy one. And the PVD model, why the straight ends and no endlinks? Really don't like that design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk