When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Sincerest Gratitude For A Wonderful Experience, To Everyone Here

gioarmani

Since I haven't thrown in any discussion on the current question of "disclosure" among our dealers, or express my true appreciation for everything involved here, I'd like to do so in a slightly round-about way, if I may.

I'd first like to start by saying I've received nothing but excellent service (sometimes beyond what I had expected) from every dealer I've done business with on this board. And for the most part, the products I've received on my doorstep were exactly as advertised, or at least what I had interpreted from their description, based on the research I had done previous to purchasing.

I know there have been misunderstandings in the past, as everyone will encounter, but any problem I've addressed has always been corrected in a timely fashion. I personally don't feel the need to criticize anyone--dealers or otherwise--for things that they will sort out over time. For me, I think anything along those lines might be looking the gift-horse in the mouth, so to speak--considering what a blessing we have in a lot of these people, on all the boards. The problems addressed with this topic are but subtleties, compared to the real bag of lies that's out there, for those of us not lucky enough to be a part of this community; try a simple Google search for "replica watch" and see what you come up with. On the same token, I certainly don't look down upon anyone else for expressing their opinion of how they feel their experience has been--that's what a forum is specifically for; discourse and discussion. And congratulations to those who are willing to speak their mind reasonably for the rest of us.

I do understand there have been discrepancies in the past, but I feel these miscommunications from our top dealers (I believe Josh & Andrew were mentioned)--be they cultural confusion in terminology, or something simply lost in translation--are closer to honest mistakes or misunderstandings, than they are to intentional wrongdoings or malicious deceit. No intelligent salesman with a majority hold over the market-share they command on these boards would be stupid enough to consciously shoot himself in the foot and risk all that. In all honesty, the afore mentioned individuals are probably the closest thing we have here to legitimate businessmen, who've shown unwaivering concern for their customer base, and I believe those actions deserve respect. Truthfully, over all, they've done a decent job of policing themselves; which, in turn, is why they command that market share, & repeat customer loyalty. So far, it's been a very good thing.

The dealers sites speak for them and their individual business practices. If someone doesn't want to do business with a certain dealer, they can simply choose another one, after their due-diligence by doing their homework on these boards. If they're not willing to go those lengths, then they can be satisfied with their purchases from the Google search. There's always going to be "caveat emptor" because there's no such thing as complete & full disclosure in sales, simply because no one's perfect. There are always going to be errors that someone can find, somewhere; that's why I am so thankful for these boards and their members who are constantly willing to give their time to help other people less educated in this hobby than themselves. If I could shake your hand, I sincerely would; my thanks goes out to you. Not only for helping me, but for continuing to invest your time helping your fellow members.

What we all have here is one hell of a great group of people, in our Administrators and Moderators, the contributing members and our respective dealers. Not to mention our wonderful resident horology experts. Minus the occasional quibble, there's an exponentially growing wealth of knowledge for us to feast from, to continue educating ourselves and others through this hobby; especially to those who are wiling to put their livelihood & legal necks on the line to provide the things we love so much. If there are any problems existent here, for the present they appear to be trivial ones and not truly worth wasting our days quarreling over in thread after thread. Simple attrition will remove any true offenders, just as it has done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

I for one, would like to issue my continuing support to those who would accept it & to everyone here who has made this an enjoyable experience for me. I've tried to personally help all that needed it, and hope that I was of some assistance to those nice enough to accept it. Thank you to the Admin for your time, and for providing us this place to continue on with. Thanks to Josh, Andrew, EL, Sash & all the rest of the dealers I've done business with; you've always been extremely courteous & understanding. To The Zigmeister, thank you for you help with all of my movement's problems & questions--most people wouldn't dedicate that amount of time to help others as you do without charging. And my gratitude to the countless members who've assisted me through PMs & emails with all that I've needed help with.

For all our members here, I hope these forums stay positive & stick around long enough for those who haven't explored them in depth yet to do so; they really are worth your time. Thanks again and have a great weekend people.

Ciao.