When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Best Watch In Your Collection

ubiquitous

Of all the watches in your guys' (and gals') collections, which five could you simply not part with?

For me... The El Primero frankenstein twins

197856-2435.jpg

V23 franken-6265

197856-2436.jpg

Modded MBW 1665

197856-2437.jpg

And my genuine Omega SM300 (165.024)

197856-2438.jpg

But then again, I'm quite fond of all the pieces in my collection. To me, they are all keepers :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Monsters

It is a great watch. Totally indestructible. No waterproof concerns. No concerns of it banging on the side of the boat and being damaged. Matter of fact, a bit of wear would make one look even better. Rubber strap is very comfortable and secure. Love having the "day" on the dial. For a couple hundred bucks it is a no brainer.

Five?

Obvious first choice:

197972-2406.jpg

Daily Beater:

197972-2407.jpg

I don't wear it much, but I need to know it's in my box:

197972-2408.jpg

One of the two following PAMs:

197972-2409.jpg

197972-2410.jpg

... and a mystery 5th one that's not here yet. Obviously, it's a Rolex diving watch, but which one? :D

ps. If you ask me again next week, you may get a different answer. This is why I need three watch boxes.

Exactly!!!!!

Fact is, I finally reached saturation point with my watches. I recently sold three reps because I just couldn't wear and appreciate everything I had and I found myself looking at the watch box each morning and picking the same 5 watches, so the garage queens got sold. It didn't break my heart so it was a good decision.

Difficult one... the titanium Omegas, the Omega GMT, PAM036, maybe the Zenith Rainbow... too many really!

A better topic is "which ones are you prepared to be without" in which case possibly the PAM001 and IWC Ingenieur, both of which I've never worn! And probably the genuine Tag Heuer Link Chrono, also never worn! Maybe even the genuine Breitling Superocean which came back from servicing and has never been worn. I must be nuts :black_eye:

Exactly!!!!!

Fact is, I finally reached saturation point with my watches. I recently sold three reps because I just couldn't wear and appreciate everything I had and I found myself looking at the watch box each morning and picking the same 5 watches, so the garage queens got sold. It didn't break my heart so it was a good decision.

I have the same principle. I have sold all the watches that I don't wear. My current collection is only 7 watches. I probably end up in the range of 10 watches or so...

I don't really have just one favourite. My current collection is a combination of the best reps... and I can't really consider selling any of them.

My favorites change everyday:

Yin and Yang:

198015-2391.jpg

the Ubi Daytona (and it works properly)

198015-2392.jpg

Ziggified Vintage MBW's with proper datewheel:

White SD and Red Sub (no pics as they are with Ubi and Ziggy, respectively, awaiting their new datewheels)

And finally, franken ti Avenger (not my pic):

198015-2393.jpg

But that will change. :lol: