When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Time has Come to Say Something....

Edge

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one of us gets screwed we all get screwed we are a cumminity, so lets stand as one.

Now that is a statement that I have been chanting for years,.. I say however that if we

are going to clean up the board,... we need to also sweep out the dirt hiding in the corners..

which has been there for so long, we actually consider it part of the decor..

What we are asking at the moment is that people vote with their feet and refuse to deal with them and support some of the othr dealers, whoever you choose I'm not out to support any dealer in particular but it's time to do something. It may also be an option to remove any of their links to off site website selling reps so that new members don't get suked in.

This is at least until we can come up with a long term solution. OR they change their ways and stop lying to us, as has been mentioned the B&R thing is still going on cos they haven't changed their sites to portray the fact that the movement is absolutely crap, and not an ETA or direct copy of one.

The best case scenario is for us to go back to having out trusted dealers and everything be open and HONEST. If that includes these 4 then GREAT if not so be it, I would rather do with a little less choice than run the risk of being lied to.

I have nothing personally against any of the 4 dealers I have dealt with 3 of them in the past without issue, but it has to be a big picture thing and not, well they are fine with me so screw everyone else mentality.

If one of us gets screwed we all get screwed we are a cumminity, so lets stand as one.

Would there be some utility in opening a "Potential dealer scam" forum similar to the Auction Scam forum???? Could listings and claims be called into question and discussed in a satisfying way??? Wouldnt that be a hot spot for newcomers to visit so they don't get taken by the little white lies???

care to share who?

Ok this is going to become just another reference point for a future topic if we don't take a stand now. We have some substantial material to point towards something scandalous. If that email is authentic (not questioning it in anyway) then that is a true nail in the coffin for that dealer!

We need to have a poll to make anything move on. We can sit here and put points forward between ourselves, but we need to get numbers. Numbers of people who are willing to take action. When we have evidence of willing participation of this forum, then we can take a stand and think about a course of action. Until then, if people are going to continue as normal, then this fine effort to highlight a discrepancy in our community will go to waste.

---------e-mail from joshua-------------

HI ,

Sorry .. no deal..you will not get this watch other than andrew, angus, king and me..

Quit trying cos we have all tied down the price..

thanks

joshua

LIES,,, DAMNED LIES

&

BIG BLACK LIES

The evidence is indefensible

&

on the subject of evidence

If one shred of it turns up re the suspected PayPal informing

Edited by Admin
Threats removed. Keep it civil!

One of the "veterans" should post a link to this discussion over at RWI. I'm sure most of their membership would be VERY interested in what is being discussed.

... well RWI admins are reading this already, welcome Daytona4me

(...)

I have stepped in to speak to allow all to listen but many came in not to speak but to hurt in words.

Hi all,

I am too young in that business to judge anyone's behaviour, but... true... whatever the problem is, everything may and should be expressed in a gentle (and adult) manner.

Insults and humiliations have never solved any fight.

My very few (euro)cents.

Maybe they just upped the prices because they've decided to do something about improving quality control?

I don't think QC will ever be a big factor for the manufacturers. Threaded crown stems on Ultimate PO, badly applied lume on Steelfish, wonky markers on other watches. (part of buying a rep)

They have however improved the aesthetics of the watches being released, but the view is the prices have not been increased proportionately with this increased standard of look, the problem is the underlying cartel possibility. This is particularly evident in the email from Joshua that was posted, and the fact that another member can get the AR'd Steelfish for alot cheaper. I would like to know who! I have an idea who it could be, as a dealer on RWI is offering an Ultimate PO, Swiss for $165 (maybe a few dollars more or less, I cant remember exact price)

EDIT - I have left the above statement the same otherwise it won't make sense, but the dealer has upped his price, so it is now $200. So it is still cheaper than the other dealers are currently offering, but ascheap as it was.

Edited by b16a2

Thanks chubbchubb, everyone give him a round of applause, he normally doesn't open for me. :p

Wow... that was a lot of reading.

Mistakes are made by all of us at some point or another.

The key is learning from mistakes and making yourself a better person / business, this can be applied to members, customers, dealers and forum management alike. You usually come out a better person and end up having new friends / customers because of it.

All of this is going to be a tough pill to swallow for someone in the market to purchase a new rep.

Look at the nature of this business, we are all skeptical of what we are buying so it only goes to reason that clear - accurate communication is the key to a successful relationship.

Andrew, I have enjoyed your conversation on many occasions, So I must say.. friend to friend,,

Perception is everything, facts support perception as seen in the many times you and Josh / others have benefited when members answer scared noobs questions on their recent or soon to be purchase from you.

However,, the perception by members here (your customers) is that there is foul play here and YOU Andrew are going to have to lead the way and clean some things up... even if you believe that you are in the right, That is not the perception so.... that is not the reality and if you hope to salvage the relationships you have with customers here, you are going to have to begin fixing the issues that have been presented here. You and the others now have a stigma, you are going to have to work hard to fix it.

Greg

P.S. Hi fellas, hope everyone is doing well here on RWG

I agree with you entirely. I just think more drastic measures are needed than a subforum.

I think a subforum that soberly and respectfully airs issues of misrepresentation, or lack of adequete information, in advertisement would be a drastic measure. Simply banning wipes the slate and ignores the problem. Accurate information is the only antidote for misinformation. Let's say Dealer A posts pics of a new watch advertising a desired movement for a good price but posts no pictures of the movement. A thread would be started stating "Dealer A claims an ETA XXXX for $$$$...No pics of movement" and the discussion and pressure for an honest representation would begin. Such a forum would have to be carefully monitored by the mods because of the potential power, and misuse of such a forum.

As a mod here I prefer to maintain an impartial position however might I be so bold as to suggest that discussions and/or arguments remain civil in order that all parties feel free and unthreatened in order to present their points of view.

On another point perhaps the initiator of the thread should script in simple and straightforward terms the questions that he feels require answering by the four dealers in question in order that the membership can assess for themselves, based on their responses, where the truth lies.

A new thread might be the best approach here with a pm calling notice to those same dealers to visit and respond.

JTB

I think a subforum that soberly and respectfully airs issues of misrepresentation in advertisement would be a drastic measure. Simply banning wipes the slate and ignores the problem. Accurate information is the only antidote for misinformation. Let's say Dealer A posts pics of a new watch advertising a desired movement for a good price but posts no pictures of the movement. A thread would be started stating "Dealer A claims an ETA XXXX for $$$$...No pics of movement" and the discussion and pressure for an honest representation would begin. Such a forum would have to be carefully monitored by the mods because of the potential power, and misuse of such a forum.

Shouldn't we expect these things? I agree with you that honest and open conversation is a good thing, but we are talking about dealers who advertise on our forum. Because of this they are members of our community the same as you and I, and I don't care for being treated as less than.

The auction scam sub forum sets out to notify the community of scammers, should we need the same system for our own members? I don't think so. I think that we, as members of the same community, all with equal standing and opportunity to discuss our views, should stand up and say we don't want scammers among us. Members, dealers, or otherwise.

So if there is in fact purposeful disception, I think we should do something about it. As stated by another member, if one of us was trying to sell a watch and misrepresented the movement, then he would be labeled a troll (or worse) and immediately banned. Should we not expect atleast this level of honesty from our dealers?

Is this thread the new home page? :D

It`s beginning to look like it! :blink:

78 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

78 Members: retep, jonthebhoy, TeeJay, By-Tor, lovepanerai, Steve G, ryyannon, HighDef, Blackrain, pabra, ubiquitous, fitmic, Star, Pix, Seadweller4000, shultzie, gr81, Relaxman, dvn, m4rcus, Physher007, eddhead, omega1, deltatahoe, azerbyjam, jamesg, Edge, rek001, Stephane, Pugwash, tonton2000, drhydro, supermanx, smalls, TTK, narikaa, coltair, slickdick, mojo2001, steppen, jfgobraves, tutima, yodaddynukka, Daytona4me, fakie360, dgruter, olivia, uconsumer, sony, Mark Eleven, Centurion, jwelch, triplehd, peepshow, time_bandit, The cack, twicebaked, grinbo, Bigdoggy, lunaholic, jjrodr, paulw, yepme, Masticore, mrnixon, COOP, Spatten1, fredrik m, joze, manny816, xx2000, sox123, jasonz1000, watchace, xbaltzx, ezwatch, yogi, daffy

I comment Edge for starting this topic.

I think Daytona4me had the best advice for the mentioned dealers.