When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantasy replica watches

dadog13

lately I've been looking at number of reps that are really fantasy watches, usually powered by the asian 21j movement...but that I like the look of...really, there are a number of them...just haven't yet decided to get one of them because I have always some nice rep that I wanna get and not enough funds to get all of them...so usually the fantasy ones get in 2nd place and have to wait for better financial situation...

regarding this fantasy reps I really do not care if the subdials really work and so on...it is just the first look on the dial and the case that makes me wann have them...and for the asian movement inside I couldn't care less...it's a cheap but good movement as far as I have been informed....

so guys, do you have some of your fav fantasy reps....do you, like me wanna have them or are you just the type of collectors of reps that are good copies of gens?

and if you have some of those fantasy reps that you like a lot...please post pics!

I only have one fantasy rep.

I like it enough to wear.

It needs some mods though. I do not like the shiny black dial with the sapphire, it casts too much shiny reflections. So, I will be replacing the crystal with a large acrylic dome crystal. I will also remove the silly 000/1000 and 123456 engravings on the case side and caseback. Then I will attempt to remove the F.A. Jones signature on the dial. Should be easy to do... Then my fantasy will be complete :)

243907-9002.jpg

Personally, I don't like fantasy models, as that can be the quickest way to getting a watch called out as a rep. However, I would put an exception (and a big exception) to this statement. If the watch is something that someone built themselves, or had built for them, then that is not quite the same, as it can at least be defended as being self/specifically made, rather than simply purchased 'as is'. :)

TeeJay: interesting points, I tend to agree with you.

In my case of the Black Dial Jones, it looks very much like a recased pocket watch from the 1920s. Thus, once I remove the engravings + the F.A. Jones signature and add a large domed acrylic crystal, it'll be a great & unique watch that is no longer an utter fantasy :)

Look I have to be honest there is no need for the watch to be an accurate copy of a gen to grab my interest, after all I like to think of my self as a watch lover, so yes I have a few nice fanatasy watches my favourite would probably be a JLC world time that I picked up from member Omd about 18 months ago, I will need to get a pic of it and post here later.

Ken

Here's an idea (for a rep. or for Rolex). Since Omega just smoked Rolex by coming out with the 45.5mm Seamaster Planet Ocean, how 'bout a 45mm "Supermariner". I'm thinking a LV style dial (large markers) and a vintage style bezel (5510 style). AR crystal, helium release valve, fat oyster band, and maybe a new flip lock clasp with release buttons on the side?? It's about time for something new, but still keep with the classic style somewhat.

I got this total fantasy Omega while deployed to Iraq last year. Even though it is completely wrong I still like it. It is the first Rep I ever bought. BTW, it keeps better time than some of my ETA reps.

244002-8981.jpg

244002-8982.jpg

244002-8983.jpg

I have changed the bracelet since these photos were taken, Hope you all enjoy.

"SOF"

I got this total fantasy Omega while deployed to Iraq last year. Even though it is completely wrong I still like it. It is the first Rep I ever bought. BTW, it keeps better time than some of my ETA reps.

NASA-flight qualified Planet Ocean, worn on the Moon! :lol: That is a new one! Nice watch.

I used this Breitling analog/quartz fantasy a lot a two-three years ago. However, at the moment it is resting powerless in my watch drawer...

244034-8972.jpg

TeeJay: interesting points, I tend to agree with you.

In my case of the Black Dial Jones, it looks very much like a recased pocket watch from the 1920s. Thus, once I remove the engravings + the F.A. Jones signature and add a large domed acrylic crystal, it'll be a great & unique watch that is no longer an utter fantasy :)

Thanks, I hadn't actually seen your post when I wrote mine as yours was posted while I was writing. It looks like a really nice watch as it is, but you're absolutely right, once those mods are made, it will be fantastic and totally unique.

I wub my Fantasy GMT. It's the GMT Rolex should have made. :D

244064-8958.jpg

244064-8959.jpg

That's looking pretty sharp, where did you get the green GMT hand from? I was thinking about using an LV Sub for my GMT Submariner project, but hadn't seen a green GMT hand anywhere...

244064-8960.jpg

244064-8961.jpg

244064-8962.jpg

I have changed the bracelet since these photos were taken, Hope you all enjoy.

"SOF"

I found that, before I broke it, the movement in my project watch also kept better time than my other watches. It also had a bracelet with the same kind of clasp. Always amused me how the clasp (although not as aesthetically pleasing) has 'thicker plates' than Rolex clasps :thumbsupsmileyanim: If you were to ever decide to tinker with it, I think that blacking the numerals would look great, and then putting it on a black leather strap would look really sharp :)

I wear these fantasies from time to time...

244216-8920.jpg

Chronoswiss "regulateur" bought from a member of the "Old, old board", many years ago. OK, it isn't a regulateur but the power reserve and second time-zone are both functional. Keeps good time, too.

244216-8921.jpg

The magic Colamariner. Rolex really ought to make a watch this colour.

Here's an idea (for a rep. or for Rolex). Since Omega just smoked Rolex by coming out with the 45.5mm Seamaster Planet Ocean, how 'bout a 45mm "Supermariner". I'm thinking a LV style dial (large markers) and a vintage style bezel (5510 style). AR crystal, helium release valve, fat oyster band, and maybe a new flip lock clasp with release buttons on the side?? It's about time for something new, but still keep with the classic style somewhat.

something like this then

Me too, it is about the only breitling (the other super oceans are ok) that doeas not look too bright to me.

That's a great way to put it: "does not look too bright".

I like some of the Breitlings, but in general, the newer watches look too blingy compared to the olden days of Breitling for my tastes. I prefer vintage all the way. Give me a ref.806 Navitimer or an early 60s AVI any day over any of the new Brieitlings. I prefer tool watches as opposed to watches made to match one's Bentley GT.

- Just one man's thoughts...