When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which country are you originally from?

thomasng

Which country are you originally from? Meaning, what country or countries does your family come from?

My mother is from China, but was born in Singapore and raised there. My father is from England and Hong Kong. Our whole family immigrated to Vancouver in the mid 90's, and I moved to Toronto a year later. I have British, Chinese Hong Kong and Canadian citizenships.

My fiance is from Macau, and is half-Portuguese.

My mother is Irish, my father English, I grew up in Boston, my wife is Thai.

We lived in New Zealand for five yearsfrom '95 and in 2000 moved here to Melbourne where it's nice and quiet... but not as quiet as NZ!

My father is German (from Germany) and my mother is Taiwanese (from Taiwan).. lol. Living in Vancouver Canada.... a very racially diverse city. I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver is the Caucasian/Asian relationship capital of the world. Us "halfers" might be taking over in a couple generations :)

My Fiance is ethnic Chinese with parents from Guyana (South America)... its funny story about Chinese in South America. After many generations in South America, they don't speak Chinese or have much traditional chinese culture, but are still %100 ethnically chinese because their relationships are always within the Chinese community. And their last names (ie Lou-Hing, Sou-Chan) are actually the FIRST names of their Chinese ancestor that first went to South America.... The French or British Colonists didn't understand that Chinese put FAMILY name first and GIVEN name last.... so all the immigrants first names became their family names when they got off the boat and registered with the governments/communities there.

Its like Yao Ming in the NBA.... most North Americans don't know what to call him, what his given name is, lol.

LLCool.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi.......................and some other stuff thrown in waaay back.

Ken

Yeh Like this bloke- I'm from "Oz trail ya" as well, and yeh my family tree goes back to England, and Germany.

We actually descend from a family "Illingworth" in England- they had a family member who once captained England at cricket, much to my disgust.

offshore

Yeh Like this bloke- I'm from "Oz trail ya" as well, and yeh my family tree goes back to England, and Germany.

We actually descend from a family "Illingworth" in England- they had a family member who once captained England at cricket, much to my disgust.

offshore

Ha........we have a line that goes back to Scotland, in fact none other than Robbie Burns...........but we try to keep that in the closet :D

Ken

Guest Bjørk

Its rather complicated.....my anscestors have lived in places like Øst-Friesland, Svealand, Københavns Amt and Vestfold but thats many years back. My presentday relatives live mostly in the Scandinavias and in the. US

Scottish and VERY proud of it.

Father and mothr are Scottish, Grandmother and Grandfather (fathers side) are scottish, Grandmother and Grandfather (mother's side) English (Chritchurch) and Amercian (Virginia) respetively.

Great Grandfather was Irish on dad's side. Amazinghow multicultural a family is. Have relations who are from NZ, Aus and SA, from my grandfather (mum's side).