When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality Over Quantity revisited

ubiquitous

Over the past few months, the core collection has changed up a bit with some new additions. Here's the contents of my main watch box, minus a few pieces (2 PAMs and a modded MBW 1665).

264567-4773.jpg

Omega Constellation Frankenstein (Swiss ETA 2892 skeleton)

264567-4774.jpg

TW Best Mid Size Nautilus 3800

264567-4775.jpg

MBK Nautilus Jumbo 3700

264567-4776.jpg

CN Mid Size Royal Oak 14790

264567-4777.jpg

MBK Royal Oak Jumbo 15202

264567-4778.jpg

All Original 1967 Seamaster300 165-024

264567-4779.jpg

Frankenstein Submariner 16610

264567-4780.jpg

Frankenstein Daytona 16520

264567-4781.jpg

Frankenstein Daytona 16520

264567-4782.jpg

Frankenstein Daytona 6265

264567-4783.jpg

You can tell which pieces have been in rotation by the position of the hands :) Anyways... Just a couple of pics before the back row of watches heads off to the safety deposit box...

Thanks for looking :)

Mr. Ubi,

Your collection is a sight to behold. What a fine assortment of great pieces. Outstanding watches!

You are right about your comment in another thread: it appears that we might be pushing the envelope these days - Quality in quantity :)

Cheers :tu:

totally agreed -- seeing your omega makes me kick myself for not buying the franken vintage 300 that sat on the trading board for weeks at a time several months ago...

I know what you mean, DH. I tried to snag that beauty the second time it was offered. but was five minutes too late. :wounded1: Probably one of the most complete Frankensteins that I've seen up for grabs. The 100% factory gens continue to escalate in price like there is no tomorrow.

Terrific collection, Ubi! The darn Daytonas are stating to grow on me no small thanks to you. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments. I have been trying to diversify my collection a bit, though I'm finding that a good portion of it is still a little redundant. I do find my tastes and preferences becoming a bit eclectic and perhaps a little eccentric; these days I'm looking for watches that are metaphorically 'off the beaten path', so to speak. I'm hoping that we'll be seeing some interesting new high quality offerings on the market soon... Preferrably from some different brands that aren't getting due attention in the spotlight :)

Anyhow... Thanks again! All the best...

R

I always imagined RO and Nautilus Jumbo's were smaller, thanks for the group shot as it helps to see their size.

B-

The RO/Nautilus Jumbos wear very large- Especially the Royal Oak! It measures out at 38.7mm, yet feels like 41mm - 42mm on tthe wrist; the Nautilus wears about the same (and actually measures out at 42mm, though that's counting the hinges which actually blend in while on the wrist). Their large apperance and feel is due to a number of factors (in my opinion)-

-The case length, lug to lug is very long due to the integrated lug design.

-The bracelet width is very wide at the first link (26mm), also lending to a very wide feel.

-The case height/profile is very thin, thus providing an interesting perception on the height to width ratio.

Overall, the Jumbo wears larger than a Rolex, yet sits lower on the wrist, thus making it feel even wider. If you're in the market for a sporty watch that can be worn casually or formally, either are great watches; both are quite versatile...