When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best looking diver ever made?

gran

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice watch Gunnar.... but you can't really compare the Atlas with the MarineMaster - that's a whole other ballpark.

Agreed :) lets just forget the Atlas was ever mentioned in this thread :p

No human can go as deep as 12.000 meters..imagine if you dropped your watch at that depth and had to reterive it :p

Maybe if you want to go out of your private nuclear submarine

:lol: I can just imagine.......

seriously there wouldnt be much left even of that nuclear sub at 12.000m depteh (36.000 feet or more) warbody. There is quite some pressure down there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Love that Oris ti. Nice! Seiko divers are terrific. I have a 200M professional quartz kinetic (whatever that technology is called that charges the quartz battery...). That thing has gone through a massive beating and is probably still working. Only real complaint (apart from no sweeping seconds) is the thick, gaudy outline they put around the day-date window. Those new Seiko divers are gorgeous, with a much more subtle outline. Great bangs for the bucks. Good post - thanks.

Most watches are derivative in their design which is not bad. It is that a beautiful watch to me is the first design from which most of the rest draw their style points. So I choose the first Rolex Sub as one of the most beautiful dive watches. I appreciate the simplicity of the design most as form does really follow function.

284997-9032.jpg

A beautiful derivative design is the Marathon SAR - I'll let the photo say it all on this one.

284997-9033.jpg

Finally, the Omega Planet Ocean is captivating in the way a stunningly beautiful woman is, people are drawn to look when I wear mine.

284997-9034.jpg

Disclaimer: These photos were not taken by me.

• 11 months later...
If it is best looking this should get a lookin

fiftyfathoms.jpg

The B FF sure is nice :wub: but in this case I think SEIKO :wub::wub: has outdone them all.....look at this and it even tolerates some serious depths

31423-40378.jpg

I own one, and it's a stunning watch in person. Much nicer then the pics :)

IMHO, it's a far better watch than a Sub (but I still love my Sub reps!). It's also much larger and heavier and the bracelet is a work of art in itself.

As far as Seiko divers all being Sub clones, [censored] :thumbdown:

Here's a link to the site for Tokunaga-san who has designed all the serious Seiko dive watches for decades. Just take a look at some of the new technologies Seiko has brought out. The first titanium dive watch, the first quartz dive watch, the 'L-Shaped' gasket that allows 300m WR and greater without the need for an HE release valve etc:

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/list.html

Here's a couple pics of some Seiko vintage divers from my collection :thumbsupsmileyanim:

31424-40374.jpg

31424-40375.jpg

31424-40376.jpg

31424-40377.jpg

Love the Kanjii day dial on that Seiko. I'm looking for a nice condition Seiko 6138 bullhead chrono (black dial) with Kanjii dial. Great watches that can be had relatively inexpensively. The Seiko spring drive is also amazing. Anyone who still thinks Seiko makes only cheap quartz watches should take a look at their Credor spring drive line: http://www.timezone.com/library/rdnotebook/200607314159. Also, remember that Seiko has been around for deacdes and always made high quality mechanical wathes. I love some of the odels from the 1960s, both auto and hand-wind.