When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG needs your help!

Admin

Dear members. Thank you again for all the donations so far. The donation-system has not been set up to be a VIP upgrade, but was set up to receive donations. BUT if you prefer, I will of course count your donation up agains a VIP membership. Most members who have donated are already VIP members (if the posts above are accurate), so if they want their VIP membership extended, this can also be done. But to do this, please contact me with your pp payment ID and your membername, so that I can upgrade you according to your payment.

Also, the donations are volutneer and I hope people will understand that we need the money and donate if they feel like helping out. If not, I believe the other members should respect their choices and not make disrespecton posts about other members not donationg. Feel free to call on people to donate in a polite way. ANy other ways may, like teejay pointed out above, lead to people not wanting to contribute.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope other people step up. It is of voluntary but if you spend time here or RWG is what introduced you to the dealers RWG has given you countless hours of enjoyment and most likely saved you quite a bit of money. This may well not be true for all but it is certainly true for hundreds here. And we don't have hundreds of donations. Do the right thing. If you can afford a rep you can afford a donation.

Stephane, I know your intentions are only good, but will you PLEASE STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO DONATE!!! It is not only irritating, but extremely distasteful (as has been pointed out to you before, about this very issue). You know those rude people who collect money for charities in the street, and rattle their collecting tubs in the face of everyone passing them by? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE DOING! It does not make people WANT to donate, infact, it has the OPPOSITE effect. If people want to donate, then they WILL do so in THEIR OWN time.

Yesterday I found the request from the Admin buried deep, and forgotten, in past posts. If you're like most people that comes down to "out of sight, out of mind." So, I posted what I did, in BOLD type, to resurrect it, or, more, to bring it back to the forefront. I believe that participating in a private forum has it advantages regardless of the subject matter. The community is typically "interested" in the content and behavior of what is of interest to them. So, IMO, to "ask" (KEYWORD) fellow "interested" members to step up if they see value in the forum isn't distasteful, nor, should it be viewed as badgering fellow members. This forum is a microcosm of society. Some step up and participate, some don't. Which one are you?

Yesterday I found the request from the Admin buried deep, and forgotten, in past posts. If you're like most people that comes down to "out of sight, out of mind." So, I posted what I did, in BOLD type, to resurrect it, or, more, to bring it back to the forefront. I believe that participating in a private forum has it advantages regardless of the subject matter. The community is typically "interested" in the content and behavior of what is of interest to them. So, IMO, to "ask" (KEYWORD) fellow "interested" members to step up if they see value in the forum isn't distasteful, nor, should it be viewed as badgering fellow members. This forum is a microcosm of society. Some step up and participate, some don't. Which one are you?

I've just posted a review for the benefit of this community, and have pledged $50 on friday. What do you think?

This whole, which side of the line do you fall on in regards to VIP membership has been overdone. Both views are to be respected, and shouldn't be restarted in this thread. Looking forward to getting a peek at the review Teejay!

Stephane, I know your intentions are only good, but will you PLEASE STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO DONATE!!! It is not only irritating, but extremely distasteful (as has been pointed out to you before, about this very issue). You know those rude people who collect money for charities in the street, and rattle their collecting tubs in the face of everyone passing them by? THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE DOING! It does not make people WANT to donate, infact, it has the OPPOSITE effect. If people want to donate, then they WILL do so in THEIR OWN time.

:p I maybe irritating, but you give 50$ !

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited: How can you be sure my intentions are only good ...

Maybe I want to make it a big business and buy shares :whistling:

:p I maybe irritating, but you give 50$ !

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited: How can you be sure my intentions are only good ...

Maybe I want to make it a big business and buy shares :whistling:

If it gets you off my case about 'contributing to the forum', it'll be money well spent :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If anyone wonders where the picture of Patches went, I had to take it down because Retep thought it would be funny to re-host the picture without my permission on another forum for a cheap laugh. What kind of loser thinks they can use a picture of a family pet as a dig against the owner?

If it gets you off my case about 'contributing to the forum', it'll be money well spent :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If anyone wonders where the picture of Patches went, I had to take it down because Retep thought it would be funny to re-host the picture without my permission on another forum for a cheap laugh. What kind of loser thinks they can use a picture of a family pet as a dig against the owner?

BRING PATCHES BACK! BASKETS! :protest:

(I'm having WAAAY too much fun with these VIP emoticons)

BRING PATCHES BACK! BASKETS! :protest:

(I'm having WAAAY too much fun with these VIP emoticons)

If I knew her image would not be re-hosted without permission 'for t3h lulz' by someone, then I would... At the moment, she's happy in her hutch :D Perhaps I out to take Cait's picture down too, just to be on the safe-side...

Just let me add, Ken, that the current level of donations is more than enough to cover this months hostings bills. Further donations are not necessary, but of course highly appreciated. The rest stays in the bank until next month/next bills.

And just to add: New upgrade solution is ready. Will be rolled out next week ;)

Just let me add, Ken, that the current level of donations is more than enough to cover this months hostings bills. Further donations are not necessary, but of course highly appreciated. The rest stays in the bank until next month/next bills.

And just to add: New upgrade solution is ready. Will be rolled out next week ;)

Great news, both for the donations and the upgrade.

Curious as to what these upgrades will be.

That loser, as you so affectionately call it, was indeed me.

For the future i will always ask your permission if i want to re-host one of your pictures so we will not have an illegal roar with laughter, okay?

That loser, as you so affectionately call it, was indeed me.

For the future i will always ask your permission if i want to re-host one of your pictures so we will not have an illegal roar with laughter, okay?

It would be most appreciated. And, if you don't like the description, don't act like one. Would you like someone using pictures of your family or pets for a cheap laugh? As I said 'over the road', apology accepted. Let's leave it at that.