When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag AquaRacer Chronograph Day-Date (1:1)

Victoria

You people are something else. Even you got me excited about this watch, and I had never even considered buying a TAG before!!

Well, as soon as I received this from Andrew, I raced to post it here just so that you guys know it's already out there, in alleged 1:1 conditions. He's selling it for 288 as a special..........

"AquaRacer Chronograph Day-Date - Asia 7750- New Valjoux Asia 7750

(28,800bph)- Sapphire Glass- This is the same high quality 1:1 from the Tag

Carrera & Link Chronograph Maker- Detailed 1:1 engraving on caseback-

Uni-directional Bezel- OUR PRICE: USD288"

Main Link (didn't work last time I clicked):

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...d=TAG0019SWThis

Secondary Link: http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1801 (blue dial, it also comes in black & white)

289606-6179.jpg

Already emailed asking if he has the SS bracelet. We'll see. Sweet watch though!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I've been waiting 2+ years to get a rep of this one. I will get mine as soon as the bracelet version is finished. Precious Time says it's out in 2-3 weeks.

Very cool watch...and yes, the rep is excellent. They did this right, just like the Link chrono.

Yeah, I've been waiting 2+ years to get a rep of this one. I will get mine as soon as the bracelet version is finished. Precious Time says it's out in 2-3 weeks.

Ooh, interesting. I'm guessing since you're in the EU, By-Tor, it behooves you to buy it from PT. Stupid Customs. :(

Very cool watch...and yes, the rep is excellent. They did this right, just like the Link chrono.

YAY! I was hoping someone might comment on the quality, since my boyfriend is worth it, but USD 288 is still pricey if it would have serious flaws. I'm sure this is one of those "where can I get a Sub?" questions, but does no one have hesitations about the Asian movement?

Okay, it's the New Asian Valjoux 7750, and I still don't know about movements, but ETA would've been nice...

Yeah, I have used Precious Time because I don't want to take the customs risk. My track record with Asian dealers is pretty sad. 2 reps and 1 genuine TAG ordered from Asia, all stopped by the customs. Not confiscated, since it's not illegal to purchase reps for your own use (in my country). But they want the proof of the purchase price and (22% vat)... and generally it's a lot of hassle. I've heard the Canada customs is similar in that regard.

However everything I've gotten from the US have arrived without any problems at all. But actually I think the customs problems were more related to the commercial shipping companies. All come through when you use just registered, standard airmail.

My all new 7750-watches have been good. I have no doubts about the movement... and we always have Ziggy if something goes wrong. ETA Valjoux would make the price so high that it wouldn't make any sense to buy the rep... I mean, this is a 1.5K watch.

Yeah, I have used Precious Time because I don't want to take the customs risk.

I have to say that I really liked ordering from Narikaa because of that lessened risk. But it seems as you say, that US-based members are more fortunate in that regard. Can it be that it's a question of winking at a practise they know they are powerless to stop?

(This is very sensitive talk on this forum; i.e., anything about Customs. Please let me know if I ever overstep the boundaries of what we should or shouldn't talk about. I remember one time someone posted a photo of the package he received, and the mods removed it!)

My track record with Asian dealers is pretty sad. 2 reps and 1 genuine TAG ordered from Asia, all stopped by the customs. Not confiscated, since it's not illegal to purchase reps for your own use (in my country). But they want the proof of the purchase price and (22% vat)... and generally it's a lot of hassle. I've heard the Canada customs is similar in that regard.

Yes...we don't have a lot of Central and South American members, do we? Having lived in Brazil for a while, I know their Customs officials are mordantly corrupt. They open everything, and let you keep it, so long as you pay them...but what a hassle, and honestly, it makes you feel scuzzy. At least, it did me.

However everything I've gotten from the US have arrived without any problems at all. But actually I think the customs problems were more related to the commercial shipping companies. All come through when you use just registered, standard airmail.

I never use Fedex, but have heard of the problems with them from China. Like most people know here, USPS is prefered by most American residents.

My all new 7750-watches have been good. I have no doubts about the movement... and we always have The Zigmeister if something goes wrong. ETA Valjoux would make the price so high that it wouldn't make any sense to buy the rep... I mean, this is a 1.5K watch.

OH! Well, slap a silly sticker on my forehead! Didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know about the Valjoux quality. :bow_arrow:

my only disappointment about this rep besides the lack of the bracelet so far is that both joshua and andrew have the watch listed and there is no mention of AR. i know the gen has AR and the pics looked like there is AR, but nothing on their description.

Io ho una recensione su un numero di Chronoworld e si parla di AR <_< , come gi

Doesn't anybody care about the missing type and serial number??????

Also the case back engravings on the rep look etched......what somehow reminds me of the 4th gen PO with the same sort of 'Planet Ocean' etching on the back.

I could live with the lack of a type and serial number but not with the etching. I hope they'll fix it when/ if a next generation comes out!!

292190-4581.jpg

292190-4582.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Doesn't anybody care about the missing type and serial number??????

Also the case back engravings on the rep look etched......what somehow reminds me of the 4th gen PO with the same sort of 'Planet Ocean' etching on the back.

I could live with the lack of a type and serial number but not with the etching. I hope they'll fix it when/ if a next generation comes out!!

Ah... You have a sharp eye, I did not notice that. The Link and Carrera Chrono reps have both model and serial numbers, so it is strange that this new model don't have it... Still, one of the very few things that bugger me a bit about the excellent Carrera replicas is that all models have the "CV2014" model number of the "Racing-version", maybe it is just as well to have an uncluttered caseback.. :)

Ooh, interesting. I'm guessing since you're in the EU, By-Tor, it behooves you to buy it from PT. Stupid Customs. :(

YAY! I was hoping someone might comment on the quality, since my boyfriend is worth it, but USD 288 is still pricey if it would have serious flaws. I'm sure this is one of those "where can I get a Sub?" questions, but does no one have hesitations about the Asian movement?

Okay, it's the New Asian Valjoux 7750, and I still don't know about movements, but ETA would've been nice...

I thought you were going to slow down? :whistling: kidding kiddin!

gotta admit this is tempting.. but it's a TAG -.- i hope it has AR... right now i'm kinda hunting for a SS watch that has AR that has high-polish on it :X lol

UPDATE: August 2, 2007:

THE BRACELET VERSION IS HERE! :)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...yword=TAG0020SW

292623-4305.jpg

Posted this on RWI, too. But though we have a lot of the same members, it seems there are a lot more enthusiastic Tag Heuer aficionados here.

So...thoughts? Close, bad, how is the copy? Should I wait for an uAquaracer version?

So...thoughts? Close, bad, how is the copy? Should I wait for an uAquaracer version?

Close as it's ever going to get. Bar some easily-removable inking on the caseback (not etched I'm sure) and a lack of serial nos., the watch in these pics is spot-on to gen.

"U-Aquaracer"??? The U-PO is by no means 100% perfect, so I don't quite understand this comment, sorry.

UPDATE: August 2, 2007:

THE BRACELET VERSION IS HERE! :)

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...yword=TAG0020SW

292870-4166.jpg

Posted this on RWI, too. But though we have a lot of the same members, it seems there are a lot more enthusiastic Tag Heuer aficionados here.

look 2 post up :whistling:

This is a really nice watch! I looked at it in the shop, and the bracelet really shines!

Maybe it's time for my first Tag Rep? :)

Think I would need both the bracelet and the rubber band though.

Lately, all my watches are on natos :)

This one is no longer with me, so this recent day/date is intriguing. It would have been interesting to compare the two.

292906-4156.jpg

Has anyone purchased it yet?

I'm waiting for peeps to start posting their impressions/reviews/etc...

specifically: AR, any at all? how strong if so?

that'll determine whether I jump in or not :X