When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Midweek Wristcheck August 1, 2007

chubbchubb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did someone mention pussycats? :cc_chinese:

WEDNESDAY

My new PAM Purdey Lion in all its glory! Beautiful watch, and more than I expected. Seen here on my favourite GeF black strap.

292122-4623.jpg

A close-up of the PAM 152* Lion's head. I'll be posting in detail on this gorgeous watch, so just a sneak peak for now. I changed the strap to a lovely black "OEM" one. Scare quotes because I got it too cheaply to be an OEM, although the markings and the plastic "Made in Austria" are all correct. Hmm.

292122-4624.jpg

THURSDAY

My equally new and may I say, surprisingly wonderful Planet Ocean (42.5mm), bought from the sweetest guy, Navigater. Didn't think I would like it, but on the contrary, it's my new beater!

292122-4625.jpg

*There seems to be some confusion all around, about the model of the Purdey Lion. Some say it's the PAM 152 (Rolli concurs). But on ViaPaneristi, and other places, they have it down as the PAM 154. The Purdey series was of course, a very select run of 100 watches. And I have one of them! Yeah right.

@Cats: Wow. My fave so far, and the thread is already a good one! Love the b-2-b SMPs.

Well today ir has been the fiddy with andy strap #2 for all but some work in the garden that i wore my Home made 1680is thing.

Looks like photo bucket is down so a couple of new shots.

Victoria was that the strap you got with your PO as you seem to have the same problem as every one else has with the silix strap and the 45 UPO, the strap not holding at the lugs, it looks good on you but i thing the purdy looks better or any pam for that matter, The PO is just a mans watch on a lady, i find that the pam says big watch on a confident and stylish lady! just my 2 cts

post-1258-1185988951_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1185989012_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1185989072_thumb.jpg