When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

WELCOME BACK, RWG'ers!! Whew, now I know what a junkie feels like.

FRIDAY

Debuting here is my new PAM 217h from The Watch Prince with custom-made Kostas/V strap which has to be smelt, to be believed. Its fragrance is a cross between a Romanov hunting lodge, and a Greek taverna enveloped by the smell of old Turkish cigarrettes. I'd buy it again for the odour alone!

293611-3587.jpg

Detail of his handiwork. Check out the thickness. The PVD buckle was the only one of my 24mms which fit it!

293611-3588.jpg

And since V did a Louis Vuitton hommage for me, with special yellow thread, I thought it only fitting that it be photographed next to a real LV bag. The watch itself is fantastic. If TWP posts another, I may buy it!

293611-3589.jpg

SATURDAY

Have to continue on my PAM run, after posting my entire PAM collection earlier. Going shopping today, showing off my favourite of the Radios I purchased -- the 190, so-called "8-days" with gold hands. It'll be a hit! As Ferris Buehler put it, the Radiomir is "Very choice".

293611-3590.jpg

SUNDAY

Sunday is my "relax" day, most times. Going to watch the Bourne Ultimatum in Palm Beach, wearing one of my favourite gens -- my Mickey Mouse watch on Red-White-Blue grosgrain strap! You can't get more American than this.

293611-3591.jpg

...and a big "screw you!" to Matt Groenig in the Simpsons Movie for calling Mickey "the stupid mascot of an evil corporation". Shut up, hippie!

WELCOME BACK, RWG'ers!! Whew, now I know what a junkie feels like.

FRIDAY

Debuting here is my new PAM 217h from The Watch Prince with custom-made Kostas/V strap which has to be smelt, to be believed. Its fragrance is a cross between a Romanov hunting lodge, and a Greek taverna enveloped by the smell of old Turkish cigarrettes. I'd buy it again for the odour alone!

293641-3564.jpg

Detail of his handiwork. Check out the thickness. The PVD buckle was the only one of my 24mms which fit it!

293641-3565.jpg

And since V did a Louis Vuitton hommage for me, with special yellow thread, I thought it only fitting that it be photographed next to a real LV bag. The watch itself is fantastic. If TWP posts another, I may buy it!

293641-3566.jpg

SATURDAY

Have to continue on my PAM run, after posting my entire PAM collection earlier. Going shopping today, showing off my favourite of the Radios I purchased -- the 190, so-called "8-days" with gold hands. It'll be a hit! As Ferris Buehler put it, the Radiomir is "Very choice".

293641-3567.jpg

SUNDAY

Sunday is my "relax" day, most times. Going to watch the Bourne Supremacy in Palm Beach, wearing one of my favourite gens -- my Mickey Mouse watch on Red-White-Blue grosgrain strap! You can't get more American than this.

293641-3568.jpg

...and a big "screw you!" to Matt Groenig in the Simpsons Movie for calling Mickey "the stupid mascot of an evil corporation". Shut up, hippie!

Awesome watches, and excellent choice in movies, although I must confess that I prefer Ludlums novels to the Liman movies...

And RE my mention of the VC Overseas, I've changed my mind. I put the bracelet back on, then decided I'd rather wear my SMP out. I really don't like the VCO much at all... I keep telling myself that it'll get worn for a 'special occasion', but something tells me that's just not going to happen... :black_eye:

Awesome watches, and excellent choice in movies, although I must confess that I prefer Ludlums novels to the Liman movies...

I can safely say that Ferris, The Simpsons, and the Jason Bourne series are all our generation's classics. :)

And RE my mention of the VC Overseas, I've changed my mind. I put the bracelet back on, then decided I'd rather wear my SMP out. I really don't like the VCO much at all... I keep telling myself that it'll get worn for a 'special occasion', but something tells me that's just not going to happen... :black_eye:

Man, that really sucks, TeeJay. Maybe, who knows, I'll buy it off of you for my dad...he's got plenty of black-tie events where his new Omega SMP just won't look well with those dinner jackets he hates (and the unfussy Pateks he favours are so plain...).

@Chris5264 below: Wow, awesome pic! Love how the Seiko hands compliment the photo below.

I can safely say that Ferris, The Simpsons, and the Jason Bourne series are all our generation's classics. :)

Definitely. Ferris Bueller's Day Off was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, topped only by BMX Bandits... I love John Hughes movies, but for some reason, don't really care much for The Breakfast Club... It was watchable, but never really appealed to me like his other movies did... (Weird Science, for example)

Man, that really sucks, TeeJay. Maybe, who knows, I'll buy it off of you for my dad...he's got plenty of black-tie events where his new Omega SMP just won't look well with those dinner jackets he hates (and the unfussy Pateks he favours are so plain...).
I think it might be as well for me to let it go. If I'm realistic, I'm never going to wear it, as, I just don't like the watch enough to want wear it... Every time I've put it on, as nice as it looks, I always just want to rip it off and put my SMP back on... Given that's how I feel about it, I can't see myself ever opting to wear it, even for a formal situation, so I think it's probably best that it goes to someone who can give it a good home... Shoot me a PM, and we'll work out some details :)

Definitely. Ferris Bueller's Day Off was one of my favorite movies when I was younger, topped only by BMX Bandits... I love John Hughes movies, but for some reason, don't really care much for The Breakfast Club... It was watchable, but never really appealed to me like his other movies did... (Weird Science, for example)

GASP.

Blasphemer.

TBC is the single-best teen movie EVER. And much more relevant than that stupid Rebel Without a Cause.

I think it might be as well for me to let it go. If I'm realistic, I'm never going to wear it, as, I just don't like the watch enough to want wear it... Every time I've put it on, as nice as it looks, I always just want to rip it off and put my SMP back on... Given that's how I feel about it, I can't see myself ever opting to wear it, even for a formal situation, so I think it's probably best that it goes to someone who can give it a good home... Shoot me a PM, and we'll work out some details :)

I was kidding! ;)

Well, my dad could indeed use that watch, but he's got 3 rep VCs already...my mother would groan if she saw even the otherwise beautiful Overseas.

Who knows though. We'll keep in touch, I'm sure. :D

GASP.

Blasphemer.

TBC is the single-best teen movie EVER. And much more relevant than that stupid Rebel Without a Cause.

Never seen Rebel without a Cause, so can't really compare them... I didn't dislike Breakfast Club, it just didn't appeal to me as much as other Hughes movies, or indeed the movie Hughes should have directed, Weekend at Bernies...

I was kidding! ;)

Well, my dad could indeed use that watch, but he's got 3 rep VCs already...my mother would groan if she saw even the otherwise beautiful Overseas.

Who knows though. We'll keep in touch, I'm sure. :D

:omg: Don't do things like that, you totally got my hopes up :nono:

Now it shall be condemned to a life of collecting dust with my Rolexes :D